cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at each step in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through a document which said these are the steps to create IDOC. But i wanted to know what happens at each step. Can any one help ?

Create RFC Destination to Receiver XI System

Create Communication PORT for IDoc Processing

Create Logical System (LS) for IDoc Receiver System

Create Partner Profile with Outbound Parameter(s)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are new to SDN, please have a search before posting the questions:

/thread/117188 [original link is broken]

Create RFC Destination to Receiver XI System : For the two logical systems to be able to communicate with one another, they must know how to connect to each other. The RFC destination provides this information.

Create Communication PORT for IDoc Processing: Once you have created the destination, by creating a port you are defining the path through which data will flow.

Create Logical System (LS) for IDoc Receiver System

To avoid any confusion, participating systems in a distributed environment must have an unique

ID. The name of the logical system is used as the unique ID. This name is assigned explicitly to

one client in an R/3 System.

Create Partner Profile with Outbound Parameter(s)

you must tell the participating systems how ALE

is to execute the transfer the data.

Reference: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CABFAALEQS/CABFAALEQS.pdf

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For an idoc as a sender we are creating destination in both xi and R/3.. Why rnt v doing that for RFC as a sender?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to just go though ALE documents on SDN. The steps you menationed are part of ALE configuration on SAP system. In any ALE related doc, you will find purpose of each step.

Regards,

Prateek

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should look this article which describe all the steps in detail and also one IDOC to File scenario.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

regards

Aashish Sinha