Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Exception for context mapping between 2 components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Currently I am working on ess FPM applications,

I have 2 componets, VcComp1 & FcComp2, the data entered on the VcComp1 view should be passed to FcComp2.

I defined context attribute in FcComp2 Interface controller, and then I mapped it to the context value attribute of VcCompl1's view controller, then bind the input field with that context value attribute.

FcComp2 is added to the "used component" of VcComp1, all other mappings are also done.

but when i run the appl to display the view in VcComp1, always this error comes out:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ContextException: MappedAttributeInfo(VcComp1View.attribute1): does not have a simple type.

Even I changed the type of FcComp2 into a local dictionary simple type, then do context mapping again, this error is still there.

Please help , I have been stuck for 2 days on this small issue.

Thanks with high rewarding points!

Regards,

Guo Feng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will post solution if I solve the problems myself.

Hope all friends in SDN can do the same, then we can save great efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feng,

It seems the simple types are not available on the server at runtime.

Reload, rebuild, DC build & create archive for the project. Then deploy new archive & run the application.

Hope this solves your issue.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guys ,

To solve this issue, I recreated another WD proj using the same structure, it is working fine,

The problem exists in Component Usage Properties ->lifecycle:

standard ess~lea is having "Mannual", since i am modifying the standard code, I also used "Mannual", after I changed it into "createOnDemand", no exception happened.

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I belive the mapping is not done properly.... ...try to create Interface Controller for components and bind it with component.... it will slove the problem......

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guys

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are trying to access the values in SVS or EVS and passing it to the Comp controller this errror will occur.

Create a context attr and copy that vaue into it and bind it to the comp value attr.

If not chk out the following link,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60132577-7801-2b10-c9b1-b13b2f78...

Regards

Jayapriya