cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - printing Russian address not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my smart form I am printing an address that is maintained in russian langauge. But instead it is giving some special characters when i am clicking the print option(ie in my local printer) but when i am checking in print preview the texts are coming proper(using the same output device).

For eg российскими лесными is printed as @>AA89A:8<8;5A=k<8.

Can someone please guide me how to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Agarwal

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 3, 2009 11:39 AM

Please use the correct forum and appropriate subject titles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I had the exact same problem as you did. For me, then, the Basis guys did it but since then I investigated it for myself. The problem is that russian characters are contained on a different code page than the usual Western European characters. This is why you will need to specify in transaction SPAD a different output type for the printer. An output type that supports Cyrillic characters will do the job. You can see in the description if it support cyrillic.

Best regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. But can you please explain me why is the same texts not displayed proprerly in the pdf attachment because there we are not specifying any output type.

I have already checked the T Code SPAD but didnt found anything which could relate to this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Agarwal

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with Chenava, your printer doesnot support Cyrillic character set.

Anyways another questn - What is the font that you are using in the Form?

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The font that i am using is ARIAL 10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

try using Cyrillic fonts such as COURCYR HELVCYR TIMECYR

Refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/f3/eb2338c3c911d18e200000e83dd9fc/content.htm

Regards

Shiva

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Shivakumar has already given the answer.

Two things to take care of:

1. Check with your basis team-members & ask them to upload the cryillic character set to your system.

2. If they are available then use the fonts as suggested by Shivakumar.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may also sometimes so happen that the FONT you are using for printing doesnot support those special charecters present in Russian or polish languages.So u can just try by changing the FONT.Like for POLISH if u try to print some thing using HELVE the special charecters of polish languages are not identified and they are printed as some garbage value like'#'.But on using COURIER the print works fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be because the printer which you are using may not be supporting the russian character.Check with the Basis guys..

Regards,

rahul

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Vivek

He have you tried from different printers or you are trying from a single printer because I had the some problem once when I was printing a logo but it was not giving properly than I changed the printer and It was fine on that one so please try on some different printer hope will solve out your problem.

Kind Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The russian characters are not maintained in your printer.

Check with ur basis team, they may help you.

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

your loacl printer not supporting the russian langauge...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same smartform is also send as an attachment to a mail receipient. That too has the same problem. The russian texts not coming there when i am opening the attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ur smartform click on global settings then on form attributes and check its corresponding tab with name genearal attributes .in it language attributes is fixed to 'EN'.

u should change it to ur corresponding language.

u can change it by clicking on the radio button of ' INTO SELECTED LANGUAGE'.

change it here ur language.

then it will show the out put in ur corresponding language.

plz check and do tell