Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deploy EAR file

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

originally i´m an ABAP developer and a newby to Java development so please forgive if i´ve to ask twice until I understand your answers.

I´ve got an EAR file including a web service. This EAR file wasn´t developed (created) with the NWDS.

My questions are:

- how can I deploy this EAR file to the Java Engine?

- how I get the WSDL file for this WebService after the deployment of the EAR file?

- is it possible to change the implementation of the Webservice with the NWDS after the deployment or has this be done with the origin IDE?

My test system is a Discovery System v3 (Netweaver 7.0)

Many thanks for your answers.

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx to all for the helpful answer. I was able to deploy my EAR file to the J2EE engine.

Cheers,

Andy

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks a lot for your helpfull. I´ve got an question. What is the SDM? Where it can be started. Could it be that it is part of the Developer Studio?

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Go through the link,describes about SDM and deployment of applications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/63/2c4f65a54c4a4db1a3600397ae617f/content.htm

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

U can the WSDL for theServer.

Logon to portal http://<host:port>/index.html

Ther u find the Webservices Navigator.U can get the all the WSDL for the webservices.

U can change the implementation of the webservice in NWDS but u need to redeploye it.

U can deploy it through SDM.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve got an EAR file including a web service. This EAR file wasn´t developed (created) with the NWDS.

My questions are:

how can I deploy this EAR file to the Java Engine?

You can deploy and ear from the SDM.

how I get the WSDL file for this WebService after the deployment of the EAR file?

You can use the WSNavigator to see the deployed application and you can get the wsdl as well as you can test it too their.

is it possible to change the implementation of the Webservice with the NWDS after the deployment or has this be done with the origin IDE?

Normally it should be possible to change bcoz NWDS is also build on top of the Eclipse.

Regards

Ayyapparaj