cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about Future batch jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

when i am trying to see the future date jobs in SAP ISU for example i want to check jobs for 30/02/2009, it also pull ups jobs that are finished but these finished jobs are from previous dates. When i do a search for example for 25/03/2009 to 26/03/2009, shouldnt it only pull up the jobs for that particular day.

My second question is i have been asked to pull up jobs that run on thursday and put them on a spreadsheet, i went to sm37 and put the date and time and it came with only a very few jobs 7 jobs in released and scheduled status, but when i went to the last thursday finished jobs there were around 80 jobs. Why arent all the jobs scheduled for that future thursday are coming up, thanks for your answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SM37 cannot check if a job will be run on a particular day. Especially if these are hourly or daily job. it will only show you when this job will run the next time.

this is not a calendar feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"SM37 cannot check if a job will be run on a particular day."

Sorry could you kindly clarify this line, yes we have many hourly and minute jobs, but i assume if i have to see for instance the jobs that would run say this coming friday then shouldnt all the jobs come up that would run this coming friday, offcourse i understand it wouldnt list jobs at the hour or minute, that job might just be listed once, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a job is scheduled daily and your selection is for the day after tommorow, you will not see the daily jobs, cause they are only scheduled for the next runtime. As soon as they are started, they will be rescheduled for the next runtime.

Only if they are scheduled for a particular day, then you you see them

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Feb 3, 2009 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ulf Brinkmeier,

You are a gun mate, thanks heaps.

I would presume the same for weekly as well.

If possible would you be able to explain what does or after event: means

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some jobs will not run on a scheduled date or time.

they will start only when triggered by an event. this is the case for RDDIMPDP.

something like a program (or through the OS with program SAPEVT), can trigger this event.

check SM62 to create event and SM64 to trigger it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Would this mean first --or after event runs, followed by the job which is triggered, can you give an example, my understanding is Jobname is ARCHIVELINK, for this to run there should be some after event job example SAP_ARCHIVING_DELETE_FINISHED, when this runs it is followed by Archive link, sorry a bit confused here, or is it the other way round, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concerning sm37, these are the jobs which were triggered by an event and therefore run after the event was raised

Like Eric said, you can raise an event on OS-level with program sapevt or by some ABAP-code. The online help will guide you through.

If you want to raise an event after a job is finished, just create another step in the program with some abap raising the event. As i'm no programmer, unfortunately i cannot help you further with that

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected any event in addition to the date? Then you see all jobs which are or were triggered by this event plus the jobs from your date selection.

Future periodoc jobs only show up once, 'cause they're planned only for the next time. In the past, you see all submissions of that job of course