Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during delivery qty confirmation though stock exist

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

While doing delivery for a material with ref. to an order i am facing following error "Only 0 no. of material exist".

The material quantities have been confirmed in the order.

The Unrestricted Use exist for the material in MMBE.

The req. type is configured for unrestricted use.

But the safety stock is more than the unrestricted use.However, I found that if i decrease the Safety stock of the material in MMR to less than the Unrestricted Use then the delivery quantities are confirmed and no such error comes (obviously the diff is enough to confirm the quantity ).

I just want your comments and validation of this.

br//

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes what you said is absolutely correct.

In material master, say if you maintain safety stock of 100 and in MMBE unrestricted stock is 150 nos., and if you create a sale order for 150 nos., system will confirm ONLY for 50 nos. This means, system will not allow to do PGI the quantity which is less than or equal to safety stock.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sharad_chauhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx for that.

But is there any setting where we can maintain consumption to some percentage of the safety stock?

Like if safety stock is 100 and unrestricted stock is 150 and we create delivery for 200.

Somewhere a setting is maintained that we can consume upto 50% of safety stock. So the delivery will be confirmed.

Also why in the first place the system allowed the stock to go down below the safety stock.(in my case safety stock is 50 and unrestricted is 18).is safety stock physically maintained in system.

br//