cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Connector : Simple Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Before I start , let me mention here that I am completely new to BC . And my requirement (I think) is also very simple.

I have installed the business connector developer in my pc , and the BC server connection to SAP server is also working alright.

My requirement is very simple , I want to pass a XML document to sap server . It is just a simple test as I am not going for any middleware setup etc.

I just want to send this XML document to SAP for testing . I have tried by creating a "Flow" which expects a XML document but somehow it does not seem to work .

Kindly let me know if possible the manual steps for sending XML doc to SAP.

Thanks in Advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use the standard developer's guide example to configure your scenario.

Suppose you have File to RFC scenario.

1. First create a structure for file system. This should be created as a Record in BC. Import the RFC structure too in BC.

2. There is a standard ftp service (I guess in WmPublic package) which should be the first flow step of your flow service.

3. Then use map steps to map the Records of file structure and Idoc.

4. Then you may use imported RFC flow step to call RFC.

5. At server, you need to define to routing rule from SAP BC -> R/3.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the reply. Quick question: are the steps same for calling a BAPI in SAP ?

Pl advice.

Thanks!!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The example I gave uses RFC. An RFC is nothing but a remote-enabled BAPI.

Regards,

Prateek

axel_meissler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

maybe you can help me too.

I have to send an ORDER via email to an partner. If I use the Standard email than a mail will send but I got no attachment with the IDOC in XML. Can you tell me what I have to do?

br

Axel