cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompleteness, Error instead of Warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

When I try to add a customer specific (Z-field) to the Incompletion Log on Item level for Sales Orders, the system provides me with the Warning message as expected.

How can I turn this message into an Error message (so the document cannot be safed or at least referenced without adding data into the Z-field)?

Thanks for your hints/help!

Best regards,

stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

Select that order type and in VOV8 there is a check box of incomplete messages in the transaction flow tab

If you tick that an incomplete order cannot be saved

As per SAP standards incompletion log is supported with warning only and not error

Because at the time of order creation you may not have complete details and may have left fields incomplete and saved and SAP gives us the option to complete these data at a later time in VA02 that is change mode

That is why when you try to save an order with incomplete data a dialogue box appears that order is incomplete still do you want to save it?

To avoid this if you tick the incomplete messages tick box in VOV8 at VA01 itself you cannot save the order with incomplete details

Moreover as per standard you cant create delivery with an incomplete order

An incomplete document cannot be used for referance

If your requirement is only not to save an incomplete order than you can follow my suggestion

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raija,

thanks for the VOV8 information.

As this only works on Document Type level, it does not really solve my issue.

Unfortunately I can reference the sales order if it is incomplete (at least if the check box in VOV8 is not active) and create the subsequent delivery without problems. This might not be possible with all fields, but it is with my Z-field, and also, e.g. with the field PO-number.

Thanks for any further input & best regards,

stefan

P.S.

I do not agree with you that SAP gives us the opportunity to re-process the order. SAP rather prevents the opportunity to distinguish between necessary (Error) and desired (Warning) information.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member839993
Active Participant

HI,

In Incompletion log you have option for only "Warning" and you dont have a facility for an error message for an incompletion log, instead you can go to VOV8 and select your document type which has a field called incompletion messages>if you tick that system will not allow the user to save the incomplete document. You can use this to restrict the user from saving the incomplete document.

regards,

US

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan

Can you please let me the error message number ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no error message number, as there is no error message...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok go to SE91, input the error message in Message Class and the last three digits in Number and click on Change. There you can see the logic written in ABAP code. Take the help of ABAPer and make changes. But please note SAP not recommends this practice

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I won't go this 'hard' way...