User Status and system status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Gurus,

As per client requirement

a)no finance posting

b)no cost planning

c) no budgeting

only project ,wbs and network(no activity) should be created .

These all transection should be carried out after releasing of particular WBS,Network (System status REL ).

We have created user status profile in ok02 and assigned in project profile

Data maintained in status profile

St NO Status StatusShort Text Lowest Highest Posit Prior Auth. cod

1 CRET CREATED 1 2 1 1

2 REL STOP DATA UNLESS REL 2 2 1 1

In status CRET we have forbidden all business transection which client don't require.

But when we are relasing the WBS (system status REL) ,user status is remain CRET .

We want that after releasing WBS ,user staus should change to REL. which allows the all busness transections.

Kindly help

Regards

Project Team 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U shuld define only one user status NREL i.e. not released.

CRTD is already can be seen in system status.

Tick the initial status active for NREL. and in OK02 for release of WBS or activity pust the delete radio button active. Means once the WBS is released the corresponding transactions can be done by user.

Rgds

Edited by: Shrikrishna Rasam on Feb 3, 2009 8:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Actually, I have done as suggested over here like creating a NREL user status and it is working fine, but for my client, I had to ensure that the "Release" is allowed only after the budget is released ( after CJ32). This is working till the time it gets the Sys. status "BUDG" and BUDG gets assigned immediately when we give the budget through CJ30. How to do this ?

Also, I want this to get only assigned to the topmost WBS whereas as I had assigned this Status profile in the Proj. profile, it is getting assigned for all the WBS... how to overcome this problem ?

thanks in advance,

Vinodh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your valuable responce

Project Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

For user status CRET forbid buisness transaction Release and for user status REL allow Release transaction. After setting user sataus REL, then only system allows to Release project.

Sudhir

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fro the REL user status you have to activate one more business txn Release and set allowed radio button and set button ...

So, when you change the system status it will set user satus REL to your object. As per your status profile, if you have not defined any restriction than that user status will have all the previleadge of REL system status.

Regards

Nitin