cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our company, we have developed certain interfaces in SAP DEV environment having the IP address has XX.XX.XX.XX with client XX and it is configured with the SAP R/3 dev system having IP address as yy.yy.yy.yy and client has yy. The interfaces are dealt with File-RFC.

NOw that we have developed all the interfaces in SAP XI, Now should I transport all the objects like Business system, Technical system, SWCV, Products etc from dev to prod or only the SWCV and products as the production system is having a different IP address and client for SAP XI and SAP R/3.

I have also created the new Business system and Technical system in Production. Should I do any grouping etc or what is the process I should follow.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out these blogs , you need to set transport groups and transport targets.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My concern was whether you need to transport the Business system & Tech system for SAP XI and R/3 from dev to prod or not.

As I am not using any business scenario in my interfaces that I have configured, I am using only the business service.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nithiyanandam,

First, you have to create DEV,QAS groups at QAS system.

You have to transport the Business system from DEV to QAS or PRD.

In sld, by selecting particular business system u have to export from DEV, that exported one saved in.tpz format

that you have to import to QAS.

once u sucessfully imported the DEV business sytem to QAS.

create another business system as per the client naming convention.

assign this business system(QAS) to DEV using add/remove target option.

i hope, you get the concept.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow above procedure , if your DEV , QAS and PRO are under same network. In some cases PROD will be maintained in a different network. Where you cant even ping a server in PROD from DEV. In such case, just create new business system in PROD with same name as of your business system in your imported object.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please provide more inputs...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now should I transport all the objects like Business system, Technical system, SWCV, Products etc from dev to prod or only the SWCV and products

If you are using business system in ID and planning to use transport targets in SLD to automatically change the business system names to Prod business system names, then you must transport all business and technical systems. However, if there are no business systems in any of the scenario, then simply transport of SWC and product will be sufficient.

Grouping is only required if you have multiple business systems at Dev and Prod levels.

Regards,

Prateek