cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Web Dynpro appliction Using eCatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am testing WebDynpro Application using eCatt .

After Configuration,

1)RFC destination

2)System Data Containers

3) Test Script Configuration

When i am trying to Record Test Script i am getting Error dialog box " An error probably occurred during the logon to the Web Dynpro target system. Check user name and password in your eCATT target system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to know whether i need to provide portal userid and password in Basis Authentication,or

I need to give my R/3 login and password.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna

I am trying to create a Test Case for a Web Dynpro Application using eCATT based on the guidelines given on SDN by Sumeet Kaul.

I followed all the steps given.After I click on "Stop recording", Webdynpro command should get created.But in my case, it is not getting created. What might be the reason?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

markus_dinkel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This should solve your problem (as an addition to the Web Log mentioned above):

If the Web Dynpro application requests user authentication, you have to apply additional settings in your SM59 destination:

1. Go to the tab Logon/Security

2. Chose Basic Authentication

3. Supply Username and Password for the Web Dynpro application in the fields at the lower end of the window

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have met this problem too, so hope for your solutions can solve my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

Following link may be useful to you which is of a weblog, 'Creating Test Case For A Web Dynpro Application'.

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2006/02/14/ecatt-creating-a-test-case-for-a-web-dynpro-application

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this Weblog , nothing is there related to login User.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

The error prompted to you sounds that for the eCATT target system, the user ID & Password are specified.

If you are trying remotely, make sure that this user ID has RFC autorization so that it can connect to the target system.

Secondly, in the RFC details, you have specified the UserID & Password. Check this user ID & password directly on target system, whether it is correct or not. According make changes to the RFC details.

Hope this should sort out your problem.

Regards