cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail alerts for queues in SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a asynchronous IDOC->ABAP Proxy scenario, some of the messages are getting stucked in the transaction SMQ2 in PI system.This happens only when we send 100 IDOCs to PI at the same time and only 5-10 messages are getting stucked with status as "Running". The remaining messages are processed and send to the target system.

I would like to know a solution to trigger an E-mail alert to a specific Mail id if any messages gets stuck in the queue for more than 5 minutes.

Do we need to configure CCMS to achieve this? If so, please let me know the steps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will need to use CCMS based alerting for this. Normal XI alerting is message based and to monitor queue alerts, you would need to use CCMS.

If u have CCMS configured for your landscape, then it could be possible. Else its not possible in my opinion.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/ceea3b31aac554e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek Agrahari on Feb 3, 2009 7:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have configured the CCMS in our system as mentioned in this blog /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

Please let me know how to configure E-mail alerts for Queues.

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sakthi,

plz go thru this blog to get the Email Alert using CCMS.

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3

Regards,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Just check for

configure E-mail alerts

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-2 By Aravindh Prasanna

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2

XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I By Naveen Pandrangi

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

XI : GRMG Customizing for XI CCMS Heartbeat Monitoring Part II By Naveen Pandrangi

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/05/xi-grmg-customizing-for-xi-ccms-heartbeat-monitoring-part-ii

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part 3 by Aravindh Prasanna

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3

Regards

Abhishek

Answers (0)