cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory calender importance in Sales Organisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hope you all doing Gr8t.

Please let me know the importance of specifying Factory calender while defining the Sales Orgination.

Thanks & Regards,

Smithun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thanks for your early response,

yes, I do agree with you,

that factory calenders r maintained while defining plant(if not qty does n't gets confirmed),

at shiping point (so that if no route determ, then system takes loading time, pick/pack time... and confirms the qty in sales order) and in cust master ( general data unloading point tab so that v can specify the working days of cust) ... isn't it. wat abt fact clender maintained at sales org?

my question is i couldn't find any difference wen i raised a a sales order interms of delivery date, invoice dates, pricing dates etc., whether i maintained sales org with factory calender or w/o fact calender.

so what and where will be the impact if i wont maintain factory calender while defining sales org.

thanks n regards,

Smithun

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smithun

Generally the sales orgn factory calendar is related to the working days/holidays etc of the sales orgn . So if you assign the factory calendar to the sales orgn then you are telling that the working days/holidays etc of that sales orgn are as follows. So when you create a sales order with that sales orgn and tomorrow is a delivery date but as per the factory calendar of sales orgn tomorrow is holiday then the delivery date will change

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smithum,

Just try adding some lead time say 4 days to d OR doc type (using VOV8) then check the proposed del date of the order (1) with present factory calender settings (2) changing factory calender i.e say making next 4 days as non-working.

U'll find d diff between the proposed dates.

So there the diff betweeen "factory calender being assgined" and "not assgined" to Sales Org. becomes visible.

Regards

Param

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi buddy,

As rightly said: Factory calendar specify the work days at the customer's site .

1 of d SAP applications that uses the factory calendar is the SAP MRP which is used to create say Purchase Req. from the Planned Orders, it'll go thru the factory calender and if Calender is set such that a partiluar day is off for the Plant then the planned orders will b pushed to the next working day if it happened to falls on that non-working day.

U can create your company factory calendar using transaction code 'SCAL'.

n then Assign the factory calendar 2 plant using transaction code 'SM30 - V_T001W'.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Regards

Param

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Factory calendar specify the work days at the customer's site .These calendars are used to determine when a delivery must take place in order for it to reach the customer's site on a work day when it can be received. We also use the factory calendar in consolidated invoicing. That is, if we specify that only one day a week is a working day for our customer ,the billing documents are only to be created for that one day each week, causing delivery documents to be consolidated into one billing document.

You maintain the factory calendar in IMG in T code SCAL and assign the factory calendar with plant and also sales org in Img while defining the plant in the Enterprise structure .If you donu2019t maintain it and make the standard order you will get an error-"Factory calendar missing or error in factory calendar".

Factory Calendar decides the holidays for the plant.

Sales order flow to production order and based on the factory calendar material availability will be confirmed to the customer.

Production planning/Scheduling will happen based on Factory Calendar

Regards

Raja