cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buisness Partner Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I configured Service Desk,I created buisness partners for all users of solman and satellite systems but I have

one doubt that what is the need of creation buisness partner name,Its only a numerical name of users.

Please suggest what is the use of creating buisness partners.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these pages

7 - 10 and 15 - 19 in [this document|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001197002005E/Addtional_Information.pdf].

This will explain you everything about Business Partners in Servicedesk.

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business partner in the support desk scenario are of 2 types Organization and Employee, the organization business partner acts as a Sold-To-Party (the company for which the systems are to be supported by service desk) and a Ship to Party. Similarly an employee acts as a Message Creator, Message Processor and Administrator.

Regards

Sreedhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shiva,

In service desk Scenario, Business Partners are Required for ur partner determination ,that is in a service desk ticket for the system to automatically populate the Reported by and the message processer field.

one more important reason for defining business partners is when the service desk ticket is created it has to be routed to the right service team and to the person responisble ,this person responsible is picked from the orgnaization structure ,it can only pick this person responisble or the message processor automatically is he is assigned as a BP in the Org Structure .

hope this helps

praveen