cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter and line feeds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to produce a flat file using the content conversion of the file adapter without any line feed (the target structure is a complex one with several record types).

Example

What we get now:

*AAheaderA

*ABheaderB

*BAItem1

*CAsubitem1

*BAItem2

What we need:

AAheaderAABheaderBBAItem1CAsubitem1*BAItem2

It seems that with NameA.endSeparator parameter you can only add a new character, but I need to delete the line feed.

Is it possible with standard file adapter or do we need do create our own module with java?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Field.endseparator = * should do the trick.</b> if you do not specify an end separator, the adapter by default makes it a new line. but, if you specify the end separator ecxplicitly, then the new line should not be added.

Do try this and let us know if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh, thank u for the workaroundt but in my case cannot work.

I have the following structure now:

*AAheaderA

*ABheaderB

*BAItem1

*CAsubitem1

*BAItem2

*AAheaderA

*ABheaderB

*BAItem1

*CAsubitem1

*BAItem2

If I remove the '*' from the mapping and if I add it as end separator this is what I get:

AAheaderAABheaderBBAItem1CAsubitem1BAItem2AAheaderAABheaderBBAItem1CAsubitem1BAItem2*

Unfortunately, the last '*' of the stream is not accepted by the external system.

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

So you Basically want to do content conversion at the receiver end and that is basically to get the entire data in one line.For that please go through these links below.It clearly explains your requirement.

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion Receiver with Content Conversion</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Converting File Content in the Receiver Adapter</a>

carefully make a note of the "The ‘endSeparator’ parameter.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

thank you but your links do not solve my problem.

I have the same problem raised by Tamas Lang in the weblog reply you sent me:

<b><i>2005-07-06 04:18:27 Tamas Lang Business Card [Reply]

I know that the default separator is the 'NL'. In the file there is a 0A Hexa byte according to the 'NL'. I do not need this 0A byte there. Moreover i do not need any separator between the structures.

I have set the endSeparator to ''. It does not help. Do you have any other idea ?

Lang, Tamas </i></b>

...and nobody answered.

Stefano