Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can please somebody please suggest if I am missing something here

I maintained a max, min and replenishment qty for a particular bin of a storage type in material master. Then in "Define Replenishment control for storage type" I set Mvt Type replenishment = 319 and Replenishment Method: 1 (Immediate TO).

But when I take out some stock (of the material) out of that bin to bring the available qty below Minimum qty (frm material master) via LT01 and put it in another storage type. It does not create a TO in the background. What do I need to do to automatcially create the replenishment TO.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Vik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What removal strategy have you maintained? Have you maintained the storage type search? Did the TR get created?

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MdZ,

The Mail indicator worked great, the reason it wasn't creating the TO was it couldn't find a source storage bin. The 319 config for my WH had no source data specifications while in storage type search, the storage type maintained there did not have enough stock.

So I added some storage types in the Storage type search which actually had stock.

Now the replenishment TO is getting created in the background but shouldn't the replenishment TO quantity be exactly the one maintained on material master as Replenishment qty? It is creating the TO for random quantities, I am trying to understand the logic for that...but I really appreciate your help.

Please let me know if you know the reason for this

Regards,

Vik

Edited by: Vik Luthra on Feb 3, 2009 3:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

You have replied before to my one of my questions, and that was a great answer. But here in this case, I believe we can set immediate TO creation w/o IM posting, w/o LP21. With my experience I am not in a position to tell ppl stuff but this one looks like TO is created in bg. My problem was the stoarge type maintained in the strategies did not have enough stock.

But now that it does, the qty proposed in the replenishment TO is greater than replenishment qty maintained in material master. I am looking into it...but thanks for the reply.

Vik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The quantity is based on the maximum bin quantity specified in WM2 view. And TO items are created per quantity specified as replenish quantity.

I.e. max bin quantity = 1000

replenish quantity = 100

actual bin quantity = 0

This results in 1 TO with 10 items of 100 pcs each.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MdZ,

Got you...there was a misunderstanding in my concept of replenishment...I thought it replenishes for what the replenishment qty is and has nothing to do with maximum qty.

Issue resolved, thanks a ton

Vik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing the same above process for random storage.I have configured everything as mentioned above and made sure the stock is available for replenishment.For some reason the Replenishment TO not being created during the picking confirmation.

My random storage is SU managed.This storage type needs to be replenished from an open storage which is not SU managed. Is there any probem in the pelletization during the TO creation? Did i do something wrong having the random storage as SU managed?

Please suggest..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lcastedoaafintl
Explorer
0 Kudos

All you are missing is running TCode LT24. That will pick up those bins that require replenishment and will create the TO's. If needed you can setup this transaction to run on the background as a scheduled job and it could run several times a day.

Cheers.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you remove the goods without direct IM posting from the fixed bin I guess you cannot set immediate TO creation for it.

Please check OSS note 566090 and 87194 for details.

If you remove the goods w/o IM posting from the fixed bin you can use LP21 to create the TR and processing it you can get the TO (or you can set auto TO creation but this also requires a riport-run to get the TO)

(I'm not totally sure please cross-check my answer)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've recently configured this and it should work. You need to process the next steps:

1) SPRO/LOG EX./ WM/ Activities/ transfers:

Either make a copy of 319 or use 319. I've made a copy and changed the following settings:

1) shipment type set to A - stock removal

2) requirement type made empty

3) Ref. storage type search entered the new mvt

Then assign the new mvt to your storage types and assign replenishment method 1. You can also setup mail alert which can be very helpfull. In case no TO gets created, you will receive either an express message or a message in the sap inbox which describes the error in detail.

2) set up storage type search

Add an entry without storage type indicator but with the storage type reference search mvt which you entered in the WM mvt.

3) create WM views for the corresponding storage types.

These settings will result in an immediate TO when a TO gets confirmed for a specific bin and the quantity after confirmation falls below the quantity specified for the corresponding fixed bin.

MdZ

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MdZ,

Sorry, the information given by me was not correct.

Thanks for your message, I also tried this scenario as per your instructions and it works fine!

Regards,

Csaba

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not understood your scenario. Please explain.

As per understanding you are removing stock manually from fixed bin & at the same time you are asking for auto TO creation.To remove stock you have to create TO manually. If you use LT10 system will create TO automatically & even confirm it.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

When I remove stock from a bin (maintained in material master) such that the available stock comes below the minimum qty (maintained in MM) via LT10/LT01 and when I confirm this TO....I want another TO to be created immediately which proposes a stock equal to replenishment qty (maintained in MM) to be placed into that bin....automatically replenishing the bin.

But this is not happening, I have set the config like I mentioned before to Automatic TO but the replenishment TO does not get created.

I appreciate the help and look forward to your answer

Regards,

Vik