cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone send me the full details about handling units or some link where I can know A to Z about handling units and configuration paths also.

Send me at the earliest please.

Regards

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

Please do a little effort, search in the forum there are lot of replies on this issue.

Refer to this too in addition to above

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/Documentation/G74_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically handling units come into picture when you want to carry out multi level packing. suppose you want to pack Nokia phone first into a polythene bag, then this polythene bag is again packed in to box. like that. then this box will become a handling unit. For this go to :

IMG - Logistics General - Handling Unit Management - Basics.

First create all your packing materials using MM01 and type as packaging material. Maintain all the assignments in IMG in Logistics General.

u2022 In basics you do the same thing as you did in the packing in logistics execution. like you create the packaging material type, then MGPM and their assignment.

u2022 Then go to External Identification - and maintain the number ranges for the handling units that you want and assign the same to your packaging material type.

u2022 Now that you have done everything, create the order, save it, in VL01N, enter shipping point, go to edit - pack - do the same thing as i have told you in the step no. 6 (above). now after doing select the PACK HUs TAB . NOW IN THIS SCREEN IN THE TOP PART YOU WILL SEE THE ALREADY PACKED MATERIAL. In that same part again select your next packaging material that is BOX. enter the system will assign the number to the BOX.

u2022 Now select the material which you have just entered and the materials which were already packed in the lower part of the screen and click on the ICON PACK.

u2022 In the same way again in the top part of the screen you select your next level packaging material and press enter. the system will assign a number to it. now select the material you have just entered and the previously packed material in the lower part of the screen and click on the icon PACK.

u2022 In this way you can carry out multilevel packing. just take care of the allowed packing weight and the number of units you have to pack in the next packaging material.

Regards,

Harish.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

Go through this help link it will help you about Handling unit management.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/19/7f6d36f74c7505e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Configuration path is

SPRO>IMG>Logistics General-->Handling Unit Management

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.