Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certificate vs Customer Certificate - Best Practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using an external archive server for archiving data and documents. The communication between SAP and the server is made secure using certificates.

As per my limited understanding, SAP uses its own certificate for this communication, that is generated in the transaction STRUST. I think it is also possible to use a customer certificate for this communication by importing it in the same transaction.

We need to determine whether to use the standard SAP certificate or use a custom one in our project. Under which scenarios is it recommended to use a custom certificate? Are there any disadvantages of using the standard SAP certificate?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joy

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you archive server is inside your corporate network, I don't see why it would be needed to use a custom certificate.

I don't even know if it is possible because this is the System PSE.

The SAP system send its STRUST PSE to the archive server at initialization.

Then each URL generated by the SAP system is signed with the certicate in order for the archive server to know from where the command came.

I would advice you to keep using the standard System PSE.

Regards,

Olivier