cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Friends,

I have created VC including everything necessary. I have created the Sales Order also with the necessary Variant created. But I am not able to deliver as in the availability Check it has taken as per the below:

Avail Check = 01 and Checking Rule = AE

The MRP element is showing SimReq i.e. Simulated requirements.

I have not created any BOM. I have created Material with KMAT and Configurable Profile, Characteristics, Class etc.

How can I create the Super BOM with my Configurable Material (Number is 1479) as this Material Item category group is 0002 pricing at header level. But in the BOM (Tr. Code CS01), I have to give the item category group as ERLA.

My Class is ZHONDA, Characterics are ZCOL and ZCC.

I have created Variant as "RED100" for the Car and this Variant is not a Material. I am a bit confused. I did not find any suitable answer from the past thread.

Please help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Jans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jans,

Some light on Variant Configuration in Detail.

Follow these steps do the configuration:

-->Create a Material - KMAT type with Item category (002) ·

-->Create Charateristics in CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

-->Create another characteristics in CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for) ·

-->Assign these two characteristics to a Class in CL01 - ZBikeclass ( Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

-->Then go to CU41 Configuration profile select the material and enter the description click on the class assignment ie assign Zbikclass.

-->Now go back to CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save ·

-->Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign relationship ( by default it will come just save) · Now select Blue- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save ·

-->Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign relationship ( by default it will come just save) ·

-->Now go to VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have gone through your suggestions. My question is that at the time of creating Sales Order, the availability check cpmes into picture. As the materila type is KMAT and the Availability check is 02, the system is taking automatically 02 + AE for avilability details (Tr. Code OVZ9).

My set up is like this:

Material is 1479 (KMAT and Configurable Frofile is maintained).

Class is ZHONDA

Char. is ZHONDACOL and ZONDACC and ZHONDA Price with SDCOM and VKOND.

Value of Char. ZHONDACOL is RED and BLUE

Value of Char. ZHONDACC is 100 and 200

Variant is RED100, RED200, BLUE100 and BLUE200

Dependency has been maintained with no syntax error

Sales Order has been created and the price has been taken from VK11.

I have saved the order but unable to deliver as it is giving Hard error with no Scheduling line.

I ahve seen the details of the Availability :

It is showing as "MRP e" = SimReq and MRP element Data = Simulated requirement and the Rec/Reqd qty is 10-.

Confirmed qty is blank and Cum ATP qty is Blank.

Now, as per your suggestion Zbike is not a material . It is a variant. In my case also I have created Variant with the logic of Characteristics Value and Dependency Rle.

Please guide me how to create Super BOM with the above Material type KMAT and above requirement so that I can try in other way. If you have got phone number please give so that I can talk to you.

Regards,

Jans

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the item category of that on the sales order ? In your case it should be TAC (or some morphation of that) The schedule line is determined in part by the item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply. My item Category is TAC and scheduling line categoty is CP. I did not create any BOM but without BOM I have configured the VC.

In the Sales Order the Variant is taken as "RED100" and "RED100LX".

Sales Order has been created without any problem and the price has also been taken from the condition(i.e. I ahve kept the price in VK11 for each Variant).

Thanks,

Jans

Edited by: Jans Sircar on Nov 16, 2010 1:10 AM