cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session time out for Firefighter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to terminate the firefighter session based on a parameter setting?

I understand that we can set parameter for the SAP session timout but I am looking for an option to terminate the FF session after a specific time period?

How can this be achieved?

Appreciate your suggestions

Thanks

Keerthika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keerthika,

Just wanted to check, if you were able to get with it? Facing the same issue.. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers !

Akshat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I think I can write an ABAP progarm, which can be scheduled to execute daily with a background job and can find out which firefighter ids are idle for a particular time period. Then further send an automated e-mail to admin with a list of FF Ids idle from last 10 hours (time or days can be customized). The admin can manually terminate the session of FF Ids using the method mentioned [here|http://amudee.com/?p=133]

I will try to find out how to automate the termination of user sessions, Give me some time to do that but i think its' absolutely possible, infact it should be already there in FF.

Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is definitely a nice feature to have ..esp emergency access being a high privilege for users..

Please share your findings and I will keep you posted from my end

Thanks

Kee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a chat with an expert, he said this can also be controlled with some basis tweaks, So lets' ask our basis expertise in the house for their comments as well..

Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like you said: there is a global parameter setting for SAP to log off inactive sessions after a specific amount of time. There is no specific parameter just for firefighter IDs that I know of, but you could, conceivably, make all of your Firefighter IDs go to a particular application server that has a inactivity timeout of whatever you wanted to make the IDs. That's one way of doing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly as william said, there is no parameter as such for firefighter ids.

In case you want to go with the global setting for all the users, just follow this.

1. Execute transaction RZ10

2. Select Default profile

3. Select Extended Maintenance

4. Click Change

5. Add a new parameter (if not already)

parameter name: rdisp/gui_auto_logout set its value in seconds as per the requirements

save the profile. Restart your application server for the changes to take effect.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

This Parameter you have mentioned here would not terminate the session when required (which is the desired solution by Keerthika) but would terminate the session if the ID is not using SAP for that particular time which you have set as a value.

This parameter ID, as is clear from the name is to get the user out of SAP if he/she is not using the application for some time. Whereas what Keerthika needs is to terminate the session of the user regardless of whether he/she is using SAP or not that time.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for all your suggestions..

Since FF is using the RFC connection, I am looking for a parameter that would terminate the RFC connection.

Here are few parameters which could be relevant:

1. rdisp/plugin_auto_logout - Would this apply as the RTA is more like a bolt-on for ECC

2. rdisp/gui_auto_logout - This would be timeout set for the SAPGUI and this would apply only for dialog users

3. rdisp/async_dialog_timeout - this parameter is specifically for asynchronous dialog RFCs

4. rdisp/keepalive, rdisp/keepalive_timeout - Timeout for connection to SAPGUI

These are the parameters relevant for timeouts. But are there any specific parameter to terminate RFC connection?

I hope that would be the fix.

Thanks

Keerthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

As far as I know, I don't think you can terminate firefighter session directly. As FF ID is a service user (not a dialog user), I don't know if any setting can terminate FF session.

You can try to see if there is any way by changing the code if you can achieve this or not. Please let me know if you make this work.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)