cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in the adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of my scenarios, I am triggering an Idoc from ECC and processing the message in XI and sending it to web based system using SOAP protocol. For this scenario I have used SOAP adapter at the receiver end. when ever the web based system is not able to take the load the message adapter will try to post the message for certain times and fails after the limit. This failure error would only be available in the communication channel monitoring. But unfortunately due to memory concerns in the runtime we could not keep these messages for longer duration in the persistence. So I thought of raising an alert when ever the adapter fails to post the message.

I need to raise an alert with the Idoc number (note: Idoc number is present only in the sender messge as the target message doesn't have a field to map it) at the adapter end. Please let me know different ways of doing it with out BPM.

I appreciate if you could not provide me the links.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

write small ABAP code on XI box to find failed IDOC messages and raise mail from there.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create an alert rule for Adapter Engine type of errors. But the Idoc number can not be captured.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply. I have created the alert rule for the adapter engine already. At least could we get any field from the target payload in the target message?

Regards,

Vishnu.