cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have problem defaulting the printer for adobe forms.

1. I defined "Define Techn. Medium for Msgs (PPF Actions) f. Cust. Shipm. and Cust. Decl." . The process type as " External communication" and Form type = PDF based forms.

2. In "Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl", I activated the action defintion in that profile.

3. I gave nothing in the printer.

4. As usual The rest of the config I did.

5. I would like the system to derive from "Printer determination" . So I defined the printer for this message in "Printer determination".

In the communication tab of customs documetn, The message comes up with "No printer defined"

My question is why the system is not taking from "Printer determination".

what I observed is there is flag "Printer deter" in "Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl", printer area.

But that is disabled. Can anybody give me some idea on how to control the "Printer determ" flag. I tried so many things but no luck.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inorder to printer get determined on custom document you have to define printer under Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl",

What ever printer you define here will get determined on the custom shipment document.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar,

That part i did already. But want to user, I want to determine the printer.

I defined printers based on user in "Printer Determination". but that is not coming over. It always defaulted the printer that i am using in "Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl"

My point is in "Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl" in printer area there is flag called "Printer determination". That is grayed out. How to set that flag.

Thiru...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to get your printer determined from Printer determination setting then under "Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl" for the particular action definition keep the printer blank.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I tried that also Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user whcih you trying to maintain in printer det, is this the user whose id shows when you check the document created by name in GTS.

As it could be possible that some back ground job is creating the Billing doc in ECC and and getting pushed to GTS in that case the user name for created by wil be the name of the user mentioned in back grpund job setting.

Please make sure that user created of GTS doc and the user u maintaing in Printer det are same.

kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

I think you might be right. In our case the document is alwasy been created using rfcadm.

OK then what if I want to use one legal unit FTO_US/LU_US --- printer 1 and FTO_DE/LU_DE - printer2.

My messages are defaulted to LOCL and iam using printer determination to override the Printers.

Thirumal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry i did not get what you meant ..

If you want to have differet printer determined you can use combination of leg reg and user to determine different printer , if your billing doc is getitng pushed to GTS iwht background job then usert wil be common i guess so in that case your legal unit will be differentiating factor to determine different printer.

kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

In theroy the legal unit should be differentiating factor. But that is what is not happeing. It is always defaulting to the printer that i defianed as default in the define message. I think whatever we put in printer determiniation, will get effected by the check box that is in defeine message. If you can give your email address we can exchange the numbers and brain storm the problem (if you dont mind).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello thirumal,

did u find solution for this issue let me know

gvlm...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u found solution, or facing problem still.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tirumal,

Did you find solution for this issue?

I am having same issue, The Printer Determination flag is Grayed out in 'Define conditions and output parameters for comm. of cust.shipm. & Cust.Dcl."

I tried all possible settings.....

Please let me know if you have the solution for this. Appricate your help.

regards,

Satya

PS: please give me your phone # OR you can also call me @ 713.569.0694.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to get the grayed out box to be active you have to Implement BAdi PRINTER_DETERM_PPF BAdI. You have to add filter instances to be used for printer determination. You have to enter the technical names of the action definitions as filter .either you can put the actual Action name or also enter the first part of the name and use * as wildcard. For example, cans GTS* and then u can use Action with name GTS_PRN or GTS_SLL_PRN . By using the filter value, you can control the actions for which printer determination is performed.

If you additionally enter a fixed printer in configuration dynamic printer determination is no longer performed. So if you want Dynamic printer to work do not enter any printer in Configuration .

you have to code the method GET_PRINTER_DATA method. Here you can enter the source code that returns the relevant printer.

If you want to return the printer defined for the user master data, copy the source code of the PRINTER_DET_SUSR_PPF BAdI implementation and enter it into your implementation.

This implementaion will be availabe out of Box.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

Iam sorry. I lost your email and thought of replying for this. Did you find the solution yet.

Whatever Sammer told is correct I think. Atleast for pdf type of action defintions that flag is not working.

Thirumal...

Edited by: thirumal gunukula on Apr 29, 2009 2:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thirumal and Sameer,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

BAdi, PRINTER_DETERM_PPF enabled the printer determination check box.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried navigating in the GTS Area Menu to SAP Customs Management -> Customs Processing - Import/Export -> Printer Determination?

Here you define for each message what the printer should be. You can also further define the pritner to be used by Legal Unit and User.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did, I defined for LU and FTO also. But nothing comes up.

I believe that flag determins whether to use this printer determination or not.

How to set that flag. Why that is grayed out.

Please help me....