cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM roadmapstep clickable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I am new to the whole FPM framework. Is it possible to have the roadmap steps that appear on the top clickable? Can I do this programatically, like say will it throw a event or something and I catch that and navigate to a perspective?

I know for a flow like Select, Edit, Review, Save the steps should not be clickable. But on my flow user should be able to navigate like a tab. I would really like to use the FPM as my final screen should have a review and then submit all information. Will I be better off with a webdynpro application with a tab or can I use FPM with clickable steps? Please help..........

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

To make FPM roadmap clickable steps programmatically in your CC after you define the ROPstep put the below code:

ropStep1.setClickable(true);

where ropStep1 is you first roadmap step.

Similarly write code for all the steps.

You may also need to provide events that you want to take place on click of the step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million for all the replies..

Vishal, I am using ERP 2004. Will Self Service Administrator role work in ERP 2004 if I deply the SDA?

Sameer, thanks very much for the links. I am using Webdynpro for Java, so the first 2 links helps me a lot to ramp up on this

Siva, I am using ERP 2004. I have gone through the link, I could not find anything that the step to make clickable.

Aishwarya, I dont see this method ropStep1.clickable on the com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.java.ROPStep. Can you please help?

I am new to this, have a hard time. Please help folks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks a bunch again for all the inputs

Since I am using ERP 2004, looks like I am paralysed in different ways. I cantr deploy the Self service administrator BP also here. I was thinking of showing links on the left side for each perspective as navigation links and when user clicks on it it goes to the perpective (link will fire events to the perpective). Is this feasible guys? I am not able to prototype this, but just wanted to know whether this is feasible. Thanks a bunch.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Since I have experince in ERP 2005 only, I can not exactly say about your design ERP 2004. But as for as I know it is little harder to develop your design because it is not sequential. So I suggest you better you go for normal WD development. In that you can show links (LinkToAction) or buttons to navigate to possible screens.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

What if I drop a linkToAction and in the action I call fpm.raiseEvent(EventToOpenPerspective, raisingVAC). Do you see any problem in this? Thanks a lot..

Ashish

Edited by: Ashish Mehra on Feb 3, 2009 8:11 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I have implemented the functionality that you are trying to do now.

And I can see the method setClickable(boolean b)

Afeter the following step you will get setClickable() on the step that you have created.

ROPStep ropStep1 = new ROPStep();

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya

Thanks very much for teh reply. What version of portal are you using. I am on EP6, just wondering perhaps this is an addition in EP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check these links

/people/harald.reiter2/blog/2006/09/06/sdn-day-session-in-las-vegas-custom-development-of-web-dynpro-ess-applications-using-floor-plan-manager

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9f/95467bbefc4a808fffeba4c5177258/frameset.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

yes it is possible to make the roadmap steps appear as clickable and that can be done through code as well but my suggestion is to use generic cc i.e. through self service administrator role where you dont need to put any code ,there if you select the target perspective in a dropdown then the roadmap steps will automatically becomes clickable.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

This can be achieved by both FPM or normal web dynpro. You can use custom events with sub roadmaps. If sub roadmaps are not suitable to your scenario then you have to go for normal WD application.

In General,

FPM framework encourages the sequential steps in navigation for user understandability. Each roadmp or subroadmap should have understandable screenflow.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Thanks a bunch for the reply. Would you kindly provide me little bit more information about how to raise an event when a sub roadmap is clicked and how to capture it and navigate to the respective perspective in FPM. That will be a huge help. Thanks a lot.

Ashish

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Which version are you using? If you are using ERP 2005,

check this [link |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cf/83f88dd78843c9a677b1ac7d740b57/frameset.htm]

But for this configuration, you need to have Self-service Administrator in Portal. While creating FPM application you have option to create sub roadmap.

But if you use ERP 2004, you have to do this programmitically.

regards,

Siva