cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete resources that have been reference or used somewhere else ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to delete resources even if they have been referenced in some other resource or used in PPMs or Orders etc ?

I'll look forward to replies.

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try deleting using /SAPAPO/RES01 OR /SAPAPO/SCC07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai but I cannot delete resources using /sapapo/res01 or /sapapo/scc07 unless I remove the resources from all the planning versions which in turn cannot be removed unless we remove all their dependencies which can be a really time consuming process.

Thats why I wanted to know if there is some report to delete the resources inspite of these dependencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini,

I agree with you. To my knowledge, you can not delete resource without clearing off the dependencies.

Use transaction WUF to find out where the Resource is used.

May I know why you want to delete resource with out taking off from PPM? That produces many issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu. I have deleted PPM. And then am trying to delete the resources. I am still unable to delete them wihtout first deleting the orders and the attached planning Versions.

Its strange that you can delete a PPM and PDS inspite of being used in orders but not a resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rule of thumb always delete transaction data and then delete master data. You have to delete the orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Visu. Transaction data has to be deleted first. I do not know the entire scenario, but if you are using finite capacity planning, then the different orders will consume resource capacities, which in turn causes inconsistencies.

Regards,

Answers (0)