cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBMAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I am purely a SD functional consultant, but in my present project, i am being asked to provide functional support for requirments related to DEBMAS idoc going forward, i have no clue what it is, just learnt from this forum that it is related to customer master, could someone throw light on DEBMAS for dummies, and what would be expected of me in this role?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

If I understand your requirement correctly,You need to work with the DEBMAS idoc and all its related deatils.

You are not using MDM in this landscape.

DEBMAS is a message type for Customer Master.Whenever you are extracting a Customer master record from and ECC like ERP system .It is extracted in the form of Idoc- Intermedaite document form for data storage and transfer.

A single DEBMAS idoc will hold a single Customer master record.

You can know more on this by working on the Idoc transcations in ECC system for eg:

- BD87: Status Monitor for ALE Messages

- SALE : Display ALE Customizing

- WE02 : Display IDoc

- WE05 : IDoc Lists

- WE09 : Search for IDoc in Database

- WE19 : Test tool

etc....

You can also know futher on the idoc information specific to DEBMAS using teh PI system.Wherein you can view all the basic type under the DEBMAS Idoc type like DEBMAS03,DEBMAS04,DEBMAS05, etc.

And also view the segments under it and the associates fields in them with the correct parent -child realtion in between them.

You can also refer few of the belwo links which may proove useful in this area:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/21756651ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/21760f51ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Some additional helpful links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/basic%252bdata%252bexchange%252bset%252bup%2...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sold to address 1

Sold to address 2

Sold to address 3

Sold to address City

Sold to address State

Sold to ZIP Code

Sold to aaddress Country

Ship to Name

Ship to Address line1

Ship to Address line 2

Ship to address line 3

Ship to address City

Ship to address State

Ship to address zipcode + 4

Ship to address county

Sales District

Contact Name

telephone number

fax number

what should the field & table name for these, do i use say for example the city from table ADRC, of KNAI, what is the difference? this for the DEBMAS purpose.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thankyou for your responce, right now project is in the Brand New Implementation stage, and they are working on intergration document for SAP with another software and that is why i am being asked for functional help on this, is my most of input gone be giving them different fields name from customer master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Are you going to use MDM in this project??

whatever, you can use SAP PI to integrate SAP system with any other SAP as well as non-SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for not being so clear, but here is the scenario, there is a need for customer master data to be pulled from SAP to another "A"software, which they are planning through IDOC, actually IDOC is gone take this data and pass it through another bussines service software and store data in SQL server, which is integrated with the "A" software, so any changed to "A" are send back to SQL server and back to SAP.

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

I understand that you will be going to use the DEBMAS Idoc for sending the customer records and then also the records will come back.

Nothing to fear about, go to tcode WEDI and learn the IDoc structure. See which fields are there in which sequence. You have to provide the data for these fields.

Also you have to enable the IDoc for Customers (partner functions) and automatic sending of IDoc (sorry i forgot those conf steps).

Hope this helps,

+ An

*This is NOT SAP official message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

As a support activity, you will be required to check the successful posing of the IDoc to the R3 system, which is a very important and challenging activity once the data is syndicated or sent back from MDM.

The data being sent out from MDM is in XML form which is converted into the desired message type by PI and then posted back to R3. The status of the IDoc posted can be checked by Tcode we02.

The various status,data and control segments can be checked and verified.

Refer /people/minaz.kathawala/blog/2008/08/26/failure-of-idocs-getting-posted-in-ecc

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz