cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM - 03 TYPE INSPECTION TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I need to inspect a semifinished good while processing. Is that the meaning of inprocess inspection type 03 or does it mean any intermediates sent for QC approval. But intermediates are not stock relevant. Have I to create a manual inspection lot for 03 -type inspection or system will create a automatic quality stock like in 01 type or 04 type inspection. Is any production order issued for 03 type which will create a quality stock. How to inspect inprocess material.

Please guide

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva Kumar,

I need to inspect a semifinished good while processing

For your requirement, you need to work with Inspection Type 03.In this type of Inspection type, the Inspection Process is combined with the Manufacturing operation Tasklist (Routing, Rate Routing etc).That is to say, Inspection Characteristics are assigned to the Routing/Rate Routing Operations.You are not required to make a separate Inspection Plan for the required Inspection.

As soon as the Production Plan is released, Inspection Lot is created (check QA32) which needs to be closed with RR and Usage Decision.This type of Inspection Type is stock independent because you already taken decision for Pass / Fail while Operational Confirmation.

Is that the meaning of inprocess inspection type 03 or does it mean any intermediates sent for QC approval. But intermediates are not stock relevant.

No intermediates are sent for QC. Infact the question of this activity does not arise as the Product is still not physically present.For example what we say as Final Product is still in making.How can we send it to QC when it is still not existing ?

What we do here is that we keep a check on the operation and measure Quality based on the Inspection Characteristics.We record our findings in Results Recording.

Have I to create a manual inspection lot for 03 -type inspection or system will create a automatic quality stock like in 01 type or 04 type inspection.Is any production order issued for 03 type which will create a quality stock. How to inspect inprocess material.

The Inspection Lot will get created automatically (depending on the setting in SPRO). Inspection of the Lot is as is done normally.

Inspection Lot created --> Task List assigned --> Result / Defect Recording --> Usade Decision

If you want to Inspect in process material, you can try Inspection Type 04 (early Release type). This is Inspection Stock Relevant.

Let me know your feedback.

Regards,

RKM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh & Ravi Mishra

I thank you for your elaborate responses.

selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Thanks a lot for your overwhelming responses. Really very helpful answers. I shall revert back.

Also tell me why some of the radio buttons for awarding points are blocked.

thanks for all

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this link will help you to solve your issue.

VRMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

while doing invoning inspection with 03 you will get inspection lot but no stock posting

so with this lot you maintain result and give usage and for quantity posting that will handel in production order confirmation.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva

03 inspection is exactly what can be used in this situation. Please find below the link which will give how to set up 03 inspection for getting automatic lots

Link: []

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With 03 inspection type , when we released process order / production order , An inspection lot is generated in the back ground , and same lot number appear in the process order screen. For that in QM view we have to active 03 inspection type.03 inspection type not stock relevant .