cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step-by-Step Example of Harmonizing Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to run the Step-by-Step Example of Harmonizing Master Data, from SAP Help.

After I unarchive the repository, I try to connect to the repository, but the task stops with the repository status "Newer than Server".

I can see from other threds that it could be due to inconsistency between the version of the a2a file and SAP MDM.

We are running discovery system version 3, SAP MDM 5.5 SP5, but I don't know how to read the version of the a2a file.

Can anyone guide me how to read the version of the a2a file or if the problem could be due to another cause.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

Yes you are correct this is because your repository Archive file is of higher version than MDM Server. We can use the Archive of older repository on new MDM Server for that you have to use Update Repository command but the vice versa is not true.

You cannot check the version of an Archive file, Use the latest version of MDM Server and unarchive the repository there and Update it.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Does the version issue only apply to versions or does it also apply to SP's?

We use MDM version 5.5 and I have downloaded the example data from SDN for MDM 5.5, but we are also using SP05 and not the latest SP06, does this matter?

Best regards

Chang Thomsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

Yes it do applies to Service pack as well as Build i.e. You need to use all the components of same build e.g. MDM 5.5 SP06 {5.5.60.67} but in your case once you got the build of higher version than the repository archive then you are done with your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Ankur Ramkumar Goel on Feb 3, 2009 6:56 AM