cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Returns for MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a question regarding returns for a configurable material.

When a configurable material is returned it by default is not set for returns in the item category settings. However our business wants to create a return order for a configurable material. Now i have set the copy control between the order types ZRE - ZOR

and

Copying requirements 303

DataT 151 General item data Pos./neg. quantity

Copy quantity A

DataT 102 Bus.data/item compl. Pricing type G

DataT 002 Partner item X Update document flow

FPLA A Configuration

Now my main concern is, that when i create a returns order it doesnt copy the configuration values of the configurable material. due to this the cost price of the material cannot be calculated and hence it cannot be goods receipted currently.

I am kinda lost for this scenario. Can anyone let me know what should be done or what is the actual process of returns for a configurable material.

Thanks in advance

vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out.

s_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vinit,

I got a similar requirement to take back the MTO configurable material into stock in a return order.

Once the configurable material is taken into the stock, how can I see the characteristics values in the MMBE?

Do I need to create any Material Variant and then do the return order under that material variant?

Can you explain me the process you have followed.

Thanks in advance,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

I have the same issue, can you please explain in detail how you figured it out.

I have a customer that wants to return MTO Glass. So in costing we calculate the M2 cost when i leaves based on the cost per 1 M2 of a generic BOM item. the problem is the material i sell has no cost. So now if you return it, standard MM functionality will post the GRV at standards cost but the cost is 0

So can you explain how you got abound this. The MTS option is not an option. We can't created a material each time we return something. That just makes no sense to me.

Regards

Grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody to help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

For this kind of cases, we create a variant code (MTS) and take the reversal in to that code.

Rgds,

Senni.B