cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center - System Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've installed Solman 4.0 (7.0) sp 15 and trying to configure the system-monitoring work center. I've discovered that the following should be configured :

-CCMS

-Solution Landscape

I've configured ccms and created new Solution landscape via SMSY. For each landscape there is "Leading Role of the Solution", this means that current solution will be monitored role-based systems only ! for example if the role is "Development system" so only the dev systems cross applications will be monitored in the "System Monitoring" Work center.

I was wondering if someone found a way to combine monitor to all the landscape (PRD, QA, DEV cross applications ECC,CRM and etc) and not define solution per "Leading Role of the Solution".

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

it is possible to monitor systems that are not part of the leading role of the solution. Per default, you can only monitor system that are part of the leading role of your solution. You can add systems from other system roles via the solution landscape maintenance in Solution Directory. First you may need to add the relevant system role to your system landscape. Then you can select systems in the landscape editor and put them into your solution via the context menu (or the corresponding button on the top).

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ulf: I've understood what you've done but I can't see how this solves the problem. When you create a new logical component, still you set the "leading role" and only this systems are going to be monitored ... Please explain.

Michael: Thanks for the info. I've managed to reach solution directory but I didn't find any way to add servers to my solution landscape. By the default, as you said, I see only the systems by the leading roles (Production).

I've made several screenshots, please advice how to add the DEV and QA systems to my landscape.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBRa0ZTVnNwM2xMWEE9PQ

thanks in advance,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

as I can see in your first screenshot, you already have the role "Development", "Demo" and "Training" in your landscape (and very likely some more). I you still want to add other roles, use the button "System Roles" above the landscape table.

As you can see in your screenshot, the systems of the leading role are marked as green and only those systems are visible in your system view (screenshot 2). If you want to add system CRD, you need to select the system in the landscape table and press the button "System" (or alternatively you can use the context menu). This will mark CRD "green" and puts it into the landscape view. In addition, servers that are defined for that system (see transaction SMSY) will be added to the server view.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow ! it is so simple I couldn't find any documentation on it ...

Thanks a lot for relevant information. The answer deserves the 10 points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dimitry,

we have made a new logical compenent in SMSY for our landscape and have assigned several systems (DEV, TST, PRD) to this logical component. All systems must be setup in SMSY before that. As far as i know all systems show up in the monitoring as long as one of the systems is of the type which is the leading role of that landscape.

You have to activate the systems in 'Setup System Monitoring' after that.

Hope it helps a little,

ulf