cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I want to do a client copy of productive system to test system. Which are the most important steps for this task?

More thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the source and the target systems are of the same support package level. Otherwsie, you will get error while performing the remote client copy or client export/import.

Read :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c684ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

There are some options like copy of the client, as well as something called "refresh" of productive integration?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to do a system refresh from the production to your test system, you will have to do a system copy from production to the test system.

The system copy guides are available at service marketplace.

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I have to decide to make a homogeneous o heterogeneous system copy,no?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the OS, database etc are the same on both the source and the target system, you should go for the homogeneous system copy. But if there is a OS/DB migration, then you should go for heterogeneous system copy.

To know more about these, you can refer to :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6945da7d-0c01-0010-1792-dd7b5d87...

Standard guides are available in service marketplace.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I´m sure that I need the client copy, of the productive system to integration system. What can it affect in the system? (domain transports, logical name...)

More thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will only effect the data on the client copy scenario. All other information will be the same, if you will copy the data into the existing client of Integration system.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client copy is not going to effect the source system in anyway. Once the client copy is over, you will have to create the logical system for the new client from SALE. If you are going to do the client copy using export/import menthod, do the post export tasks from scc7.

Read :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c684ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I follow with my doubts. The copy of the client it´s the same that the copy of mandator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand your question. Please make it clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The therm client copy is the same that mandator copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The therm client copy is the same that mandator copy?

I dont think SAP has a term called "mandator copy". Atleast i am not aware of it. I would appreciate if you read the above links which i provided. It will give you an idea what client copy is all about.

Regards,

Jazz

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I follow with my doubts. The copy of the client it´s the same that the copy of mandator?

The therm client copy is the same that mandator copy?

I think hes talking about mandant (which is the same as client).

Yes, its the same.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ´ve been searching any guide for make the quality refresh, but i didn´t found. Where can I found?

More thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to the homogeneos system copy guide in SAP marketplace.

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

Then to make a quality refresh is the same that homogeneous system copy,not?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A refresh is basically a system copy... theres 2 or 3 different methods, Homogeneous system copy, Database copy, or client export/import. Usually I will go for a Database copy but Homogeneous system copy is the one recomended by SAP specially if you have ABAP+JAVA environments.

Regards

Juan

PS: By the way you have 10 open questions, please follow on them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

More thanks Juan,

This 3 methods are described the procedures in the guide or homogeneous system copy? You can guide me how to find the guide of this differents methods?

I´ve closed several threads that I´ve been opened.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the link you'll find only homogeneous system copy. If you do a search in SDN im sure you'll find samples of the others.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, hope to find.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At to make the copy of PRD in INT, and then making post_import SCC7, more steps need to be made to have the system as it was before? (STMS, jobs ...)

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m reading the system copy guide for to make the system refresh and I found this in constraints:

Refresh of the database is not supported. A refresh of the database means that only the database

is loaded with the content of a database of a different system. As in this scenario no migration

controller is invoked, this is not supported.

Then, How can do the system copy/refresh?¿?

At to make the copy of PRD in INT, and then making post_import SCC7, more steps need to be made to have the system as it was before? ( STMS, job, printers, domain logical, users ...)

More thanks

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Feb 10, 2009 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

Nobody knows how to take account of these steps?

More Thanks

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

If you go with homogenous system copy you have to set up all the things from scratch into your new system, but if you would like to go with export/import then

1. Select the profile which you want to copy and build the data file from client export method

2. Copy the data/cofiles into the target system respective directory

3. delete the existing data of your quality system client

4 import the client via SCC9

5. then perform SCC7

logical system & Stms will be remain the same, you can take care the background job and if in your quality system more then 1 client then user can work into ither client but the current client should not able for user till the client import has been done successfully.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I suppose that I will do the export/import. But I known that the import client was via STMS transport request, and not SCC9, and after import was realized perform SCC7. The logical system and request transport will be the same.

But I have to realize a pre-steps before the client export?? The same level stack, export users,printers,jobs...

Regards

Sergio

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah that's right, that was my mistakes, you have to imprt it first via the import method the nyou have to go with SCC7, and its a rule that Patch level sholu be same in both system.

about user you can export the user master profile from your quality sytem and after importing the data of your production system u can import this again but this you have to go when u export the profile SAP_ALL from your production system, another thing is about space so just make sure that at database u have enough space in quality system

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should to export customizing, and data. Not users, but I think that i import the client the users may be lost,no?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

This would be either a remote client or one using export import. Before you start ensure that you have sufficient disk space. Also decide on the profile for client copy before that .Next if source client size is small then go for remote client copy otherwise go for export import.

Check out this link:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/bc/client-copy-by-using-scc8-and-scc7.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.