cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve substitution data in portal into SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I'm working on SRM 5.0 and ECC 6.0 in a classic scenario.

We also implement at the same time an EP with MSS and ESS functionalities. In taht way, our SRM will be integrated directly in the portal and all users will access most of srm transactions via Iviews.

However, our client would like to manage "substitutions" in the portal and not directly in SRM concerning shopping carts approval. So, all shopping carts will be approved via the Universal Work List of the portal.

Question 1

I'm a little bit afraid about it because I read a post mentionning that this would lead to some mistakes in SRm (substitute not recognized in srm ...)?! As somebody already tried to implement this? Or would have precisions advices to give me?

Question 2

Where could I retrieve all data concerning substitutions (whose rules have been put in place in the portal), in SRM. Indeed, I would need those data in order to create a specific report about substitutions?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!

Cheers!

morgane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for answer. I went to the HRUS_D2 table in SRM but did not retrieve substitution from portal.

May be it is because of workflow registration of connecter between portal and SRM??

What should I check?

Thanks a lot!

cheers,

morgane

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

My description was not clear.

1. If you use Portal UWL, each user should set substitute in Portal UWL. (not SRM).

I think your case is 1.

2. If you used SRM inbox before and switched to Portal UWL, each user should set substitute again in Portal UWL.

3. If you used SRM inbox before and switched to Portal UWL but users do not want to set substitute manually in Portal UWL, in this case some migration program should be developed. Program reads HRUS_D2 table in SRM and somehow to set substitute in Portal UWL.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa for this explanation.

We solved our problem. The correct way to make "Substitution" set in the portal, appears in respective back-end (ECC or SRM) is the following one :

- In EP : System Configuration > System Administration > Universal Worklist > Universal Worklist Administration, you must register each connector :

AdHocSystem (Alias) must be "Activated", before doing that you must add the system alias "AdHocSystem" in the alias list of each system you already defined in the portail.

ActionInbox (Alias) must be "Activated", before doing that you must add the system alias "ActionInbox" in the alias list of each system you already defined in the portail.

This will make your portal able to retrieve and write data in HRUS_D2 table for each back-end systems (including SRM).

Regards

Alexis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using Portal UWL, you should set substitute in UWL and register Workflow connecter with SRM. SRM side substitute are stored in HRUS_D2 table.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

I'm working with Morgane on this issue.

Technical considerations : EP 7.0, SP16, BP XSS SP11

First : "WorflowConnector" does not exist in the portal. The correct terminology is "WebFlowConnector". You can also choose between : {WebFlowConnector, AlertConnector, GuidedProcedureConnector, GenericAbapConnector}

Then : Even if you do so (register SRM system alias within the UWL configuration screen), it's not writing anything in SRM HRUS_D2 datatable when you set up substitution rules in the portal through UWL.

Any other ideas ? Maybe some configurations are missing.

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards,

Alexis

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is WebFlowConnector.

Regards,

Masa