cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 3.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SapNote [1297808 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1297808] talks about xMAM 3.1.

Is there anywhere information on this version available?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know MAM3.1 was under beta version,which got scrapped because of satbility issues.

So its not available on service marketplace.

Still MAM3.0 is the version which is available for customers to implement MI-MAM scenarios.

I would also like to clarify that with MI7.1 we cannot use any MAM application.

Hope this answered your question.Pls. close the message if it's helpful.

Regards,

Abhi

Edited by: Abhivyakti Srivastava on Feb 5, 2009 9:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhivyakti Srivastava,

thanks for the clarification so far?

But what does the Sapnote then talk about? Would you also recommend opening a OSS request asking SAP for clarification?

Related to that: In slides for the new PM stuff in the EHPs there is always some talk about the Enterprise Businesss Function LOG_EAM_MAM "Converted the rest of SAP xMAM and synchronized BOs to server-driven, synchronized BOs:", "SAP xMAM: Server-Driven Synch and Automatic Creation of Distribution Rules" and "Support of automatic distribution rules with customizing by DOE":

How does this relate to using xMAM 3.0 with NW mobile 7.1? Is this automatically used once I activate LOG_EAM_MAM? Is this only used with a future version of xMAM (3.1?)? Which EHP is necessary for this (since it is mentioned in EHP2 and EHP3 slides...)?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wolfgang,

This SAP-note might got released when they were working on that solution but eventually that solution got scrapped,as I have mentioned in my previous post.

I am sure that usage of MAM application with MI7.1 is not possible yet,but you can always use your existing bapi's to generate data objects on DOE out of them.

For furthur clarifications,I'll recommed you to conatct SAP help.

Pls. award points if my posts were helpful for you.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhi

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MAM3.0 can NOT be used at all with MI7.1. One of the very simple examples why: MI7.1 does not support S01 type of sync data and MAM main data drivers for download are order and/or notifications both of type S01 SyncBos in version 3.0.

I have been involved in MAM3.1 testing last year and SyncBos (and hence, BAPI on the backend to support them and frontend code) was one of the changes in the new version to be able to run on MI7.1.

There are other changes as well.

I would not try to create my own version of MAM to be able to run on 7.1. It would be too customized application with obviously no support from SAP at all, it might be easier then to build your own app with 7.1 (utilising MAM BAPIs to some extent).

As for OSS to SAP, I would definitely open it to ask for clarification. The note you mentioned was released in January 2009, very recently, there might be some decision made to release MAM3.1 now that MI7.1 is in GA.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Edited by: Larissa Limarova on Feb 6, 2009 9:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in [Thread: MI 7.1 |; it is claimed that "Most of the mobile xApps (including xMAM and xMAU) work with 7.1 in compatibility mode".

What is right now?

This is very confusing...

Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

we have MAM working on MI7.1 in compatibility layer at several clients - and it works. Well, it works does not mean that it makes much sence, cause all of the new MI7.1 features are not used (or at least most of them are not used) but it can be done at least. The discussion if it makes sence is something else and most clients take it as the first step to switch to MI7.1. In the next step they will change the MAM coding - but again, that is something else. To answer your question: you can do it. Larissa is right - S01 is not supported as such in MI7.1 - but the is only in case you want to create a DO in MI7.1 of type S01 - as long as you have a already running app you can take it from any MI7.0 system with the supported patch level and shift it to MI7.1 - that works fine! Be aware: you can not take an out of the box installaiton and try to get it working on MI7.1 - you need a running MI7.0 system to switch it to MI7.1 - that has to do with some restrictions. If you are interested you can call me so we can have a discussion about it by phone.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edit: Thanks Oliver, for clarifying the issues.

Dear Wolfgang,

According to SAP's promotion / available documentation of 7.1, all MI 2.5 and MI 7.0 applications/solutions can be migrated to 7.1 and run using Mobile 7.1's compatibility layer. Did you try out the steps given in the Migration Guide at the following link?

https://service.sap.com/migrationnwmobile71

Additionally, there is an article in SDN mobile section, which talks about setting up debugging of xMAM /xMTT in the NetWeaver CE Dev Studio used for Mobile 7.1:

How to Set Up Debugging Environment for SAP Mobile Application in Sap NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80b6a5db-bda5-2a10-3c8e-cfb5b3c0...

Please also note that there is no publicly available direct installation files /documentation of the Mobile xApps for Mobile 7.1. All existing solutions / apps in a MI 2.5 or MI 7.0 implementation can be migrated to 7.1.

Please raise an OSS / Customer message / Contact SAP for an official clarification whether there are specific problems with migrating MAM to 7.1.

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Feb 6, 2009 10:57 AM

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Oliver,

We are currently trying to run MAM3.0 on MI7.1. You mention that there are restrictions when using an out of the box installation. Can you clarify this a little bit further please?

How are S01 syncbo's now handled? This is something which is not yet clear to me. How is this migrated? Do we have to change them in server driven?

thx in advance

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Till some time back NetWeaver 7.1 was still in ramp-up. So I guess MAM 3.1 was not released for general availability. Now since the 7.1 stack is in GA the related application should be made available with the next SP. Only SAP can confirm this as mentioned by Larissa.

Regards,

Dilip

http://www.indience.com (Enterprise Mobility, SAP and Integration)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know this version of MAM is supposed to be compatible with MI7.1.

I am not sure this version is "released to general availability" though.

I suggest that you open an OSS message to SAP asking for clarification.

If you see that date of the note in question that it was released only a week ago.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Edited by: Larissa Limarova on Feb 3, 2009 2:38 PM