Archiveing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have a File->XI->Jdbc Scenario.

usually it works fine, the file is picked up and successfully updates the DB,

but sometimes (one every 10 messages) i get an error:

"File "
amee\users\INTF\BWP\Voyage analysis\Captains files\VesselReport_20090131-200903-785.xls";; - archiving after processing failed - retry."

than theres an error:

"Putting message into send queue failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.DuplicateMessageException: Message Id 0cfc8519-8f62-445e-1303-eafbcdac3c2c(OUTBOUND) already exists in duplicate check table: com.sap.sql.DuplicateKeyException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SAPSR3DB.SYS_C00160239) violated ."

and in the end the archiving succeeds.

the problem is that i get alerts on it and waist time on checking it.

had anybody encountered a problem like this ?

Edited by: Zevik Heinoch on Feb 2, 2009 1:44 PM

Edited by: Zevik Heinoch on Feb 2, 2009 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is due to duplication messages, check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

the duplicate error message is beacuse the file isnt deleted and the XI pulles it again.

it is caused by the archive problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my suggestion: ask your basis guys to schedule the archiving job such that it runs only once in a day and the next run should be in next month.........moreover, the msgs getting archived should be more than at least 3 months old.............

i am not sure why this error is coming.........may be when system is trying to archive the file, some process is using it..........so archiving 3 months old file should be okay.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajeev,

That is a good suggestion, but what happens to the files that are left in the NFS, XI will pick them up again and i will get a duplicate key error.

how do i solve that ?

TX

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>but what happens to the files that are left in the NFS, XI will pick them up again and i will get a duplicate key error.

In my opinion, Write some batch script to move those files to one NFS directory to another. BEcause as i understand your question, XI is trying to poll your files from one folder and updating DB and again checking for the file and XI is getting older files once again. If you are using File adapter for Polling, you can use Run Operating System Command after processing to move files from one folder to another.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your source file directory and archive directory will be different................moreover you can write a script file to move the archive directory files to another directory by moving the files..........moreover increase the file poll interval to something like 10 min so that file adapter can easily archive your source files.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajeev & Aashish,

Not sure that i want to add batch to scenario, but maybe increasing poll interval will help.

i will inform on progress,

TX

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so. Increasing Poll interval will not affect Older Files. If file will read that folder once again after 10 min or 1 hr, if files are not moved then insertion in Batabase will always throw duplicate key error, as Constraint violation. Moving files to other folder is a good solution. or may be if youincrease Poll interval and manually move processed file to another folder, then it is a different case.

Also Try delete mode option in File sender adapter. It will delete processed files. Just have a look into that option, may help you.

Regards

Aashish SInha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aashish,

when i said i will increase poll interval it was in regard to:

"may be when system is trying to archive the file, some process is using it"

that is also my opinion, so increase poll interval should solve that.

i will check all options.

TX