Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid XIMailAdapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying file to mail scenario, I'm encountering the following error:

"Mail: error occured: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error: invalid XIMailAdapter channel"

More over can you tell me as what is the configuration to be done on basis side for mail adapter.

Regards

Archanaa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Archanaa,

Check the tcode SICF. You can see the smtp configuartions are set or not.

You can see the mail settings configurations.See the below link.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-higher--bcs-interface

For sending emails to particular id, you need to have SMTP relay access to your PI servers.

Check if you are having access to send mails through smtp. If you are not having access, it is not possible to send mails from your SAP servers .

Regards,

Leela

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have encountered with same error once for receiver mail adapter.

Steps that i performed to resolve the issue after looking into several blogs in scn as below:

1) Tcode SICF : I checked SMTP Service is active or not .

It was not in active status and i activated it.

2) Re-activated the receiver mail communication channel.

3) Restarted the failed messages in RWB AE message monitoring using Retry option.And messages got delivered successfully.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have encountered with same error once more for receiver mail adapter.

However,now when i checked SMTP service.It was showing active status.

Then i performed below steps to resolve the issue.

I checked the receiver communication channel in RWB.Here it was showing control data as "????".

Then i stopped and started the channel manually.

And then resent all the failed messages with same error from AE logs through message monitoring and messages got processed successfully.

Regards

Deepak

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

This problem is due to configuration, please check below points it will sort out easily.

1. First check with basis person whether SMTP is activated or not. For mail sending we need to access Mail exchange server (SMTP) from XI box, else we can't send mail.

2. Once activated take SMTP URL and configure in mail adapter.

3. Depending on requirement choose options on mail adapter.

For receiver side data structure (Mail) we need to import structure from service market place (this structure is standard one for mail configuraiton from SAP and this structure is only support by mail adapter, else will get current type of errors. This structure itself have complete all fields like from, to, sub etc..

Depending on option choose options in mail adapter, for more information follow below link.

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BASIS nothing to do for mail adapter.

Make sure that you provide correct mail setting for Channel.

Thanks,

- Gujjeti.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when mail communication channel is in error status. Could you provide your configuration here?

Regards,

Prateek