cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SolMan Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to install SolMan+Oracle on Windows2003 sp2. (SAP has already delivered the latest SolMan&Oracle installation DVDs to me.)

I want to know:

(a)The least disk space I have to prepare.

(b)The detailed installation steps (Not the SAP official Installation Guide).

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to know:

>

> (a)The least disk space I have to prepare.

This is covered in the installation guide - you just have to read it...

> (b)The detailed installation steps (Not the SAP official Installation Guide).

Why not? All information you need is in it.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much!

I posted the thread here, just because I found the the Guide(PDF) is involved and abstruse.

Regards!

Jason

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I posted the thread here, just because I found the the Guide(PDF) is involved and abstruse.

Installing a SAP system is not installing Microsoft Office, there is no "setup.exe - next - next - finish",

It usually takes 1 -2 days of just preparation, reading the guide, reading all the relevant notes and preparing an own step-by-step list according to your requirements, machine, harddisk setup etc. This is even necessary for people who have installed and upgraded a lot of systems in the past.

It is especially true if the database is Oracle, it´s e. g. not enough to just install Oracle by doubleclicking setup.exe on the RDBMS DVD - it´s just plain wrong for SAP system installations. I read so many threads here in the forum because people don´t just follow what´s written in the guides and try to "know better".

The setup guides are big but I personally find them very convenient, they cover system preparation as well as all steps necessary to get the system up an running. Together with the notes mentioned within it´s certainly doable. They don´t contain screenshots because it´s importan to UNDERSTAND what one is doing so in case of an error you know at least which logfiles to check etc.

If you don´t understand them - it´s not a disgrace - just get someone on your site who can assist you.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much.

Yes,

I always try to find the guide like "setup.exe - next - next - finish".

I always want to save my time and finish the installation rapidly.

According to your kindly advice, I will pay more attetion on reading the Guide.

Regards!

Jason

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you´re welcome

and if something is not understandable just ask

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor