Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP<SID> Password Change Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a test SRM System which was installed long time ago (using SAP DB). I forgot the password of SAP<SID>, so I changed its password in Database Manager GUI with SAP Instance offline. After that, I can log in SAP DB with SQL Studio with SAP<SID> user.

When I tried to restart the system, error came up showing that the SAP<SID> user's password does not match (error -4008), so no successful access to SAP DB, work+dispatcher stopped.

I guess the SAP System is still using the old password to access to DB. But how can I change the old password into new one?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend you changing the password and connect to the database using CONNECT statement for the first time before you start the SAP Services. Check the below website:

http://www.sapdb.org/htmhelp/48/f0daa5225811d3a97d00a0c9449261/frameset.htm

Also, if you are using Windows, check updating the password for the corresponding services using services.msc (Start, Run, type services.msc). The SID<ADM> password should be changed for the services, when you change the password from the OS level.

Rgds,

Raghu