Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR 51080 SYSERROR -9407 unexpected error

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got this dreaded error trying to be hasty by upgrading MaxDB from 7.6.04 -> 7.6.05.12 and then doing a restore using "db_activate RECOVER..".

The restore never got started and I can't get it back to an online state with previous data or restore to new data. What is the easiest way for me to get it back to a usable state ? I do not need the data on it currently, it is a test system. I should have checked before but I think the logging was in "overwrite" mode before I attempted the restore.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seemed to have got passed the -9407 error and now I'm getting...

Backup error occured, Error code 3700 "hostfile_error"

It also looks like this machine is using the old sqd<SID> permissions for the dbm server. Wonder if that has anything to do with this hostfile issue ? Previously i would get that when it could not write to the "pipe" in /tmp but I'm a bit stumped now. Things always go wrong when you need them in a hurry!

On further investigation seems it can't create the pipe in /tmp as it's using the sqddev ownership and restoring from dbmserver with sdb ownership. At least that's what I think the problem is, any easy way to correct this ?

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually get this error when shared memory and/or number of filedescriptors is not correctly configured. Without full log I can just guess....

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I mentioned the above because I found this in knldiag.err

2009-02-02 12:47:00 9154 ERR 11000 d0_aopen Cannot open device, task canceled

2009-02-02 12:47:00 8903 ERR 52012 RESTORE error occured, basis_err 3700

2009-02-02 12:47:00 8903 ERR 6 Recovery Data recovery failed

2009-02-02 12:47:00 8903 ERR 1 Backup + Backupmedium #1 (/tmp/nsr_pipe) Could not open volume

2009-02-02 12:47:00 8903 ERR 6 KernelCo + Backup error occured, Error code 3700 "hostfile_error"

2009-02-02 12:47:00 8903 ERR 17 SrvTasks + Servertask Info: because Error in backup task occured

But I guess I should go through this machine and check if everything else is properly configured too..

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What OS is this? Linux? If yes:

- check the file descriptor limits for the user owning the database files (sqd<SID>).

- run "sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf"

- stop databsae

- stop x_server

- logoff

- logon

- start x_server

- bring db to admin state

- try to restore again

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint.

For a moment I thought I was on the verge of getting the issue solved when i saw the person had configured the limits with the wrong user 'dba' but after adding limits for 'sqddev' I still get the error unfortunately.

I'm sure I experienced this problem before and managed to work around it but I can't remember how. I'm still getting the same hostfile_error as above but I'll keep at it...

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> For a moment I thought I was on the verge of getting the issue solved when i saw the person had configured the limits with the wrong user 'dba' but after adding limits for 'sqddev' I still get the error unfortunately.

If you change the limits - restart the databsae and x_server.

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change the limits - restart the databsae and x_server.

Yes thanks I did this and rebooted just in case my mind was playing tricks on me

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was as I initially thought a permissions/ownership issue that was causing the hostfile_error. As a temporary workaround I changed the GID of the dbm server I'm restoring too to the same GID the source backup system runs as. I just restarted x_server under this GID and started the restore which is currently running. As soon as it's complete I will just change the GID back.

It will do for now for our current project till I redo this entire system which needs it's sys-id changed anyway.

Thanks.

Nelis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

knldiag

knldiag.err

-9* errors are system errors.

Markus