cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoprocess SO failed confirmation due to user blocking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Have anybody encountered the following situation?

We set up in the partner profile for inbound ORDERS and ORDCHG to be triggered immediately. Recently, we faced a problem that when 2 IDocs (regardless it's ORDERS or ORDCHG), came in for the same material very closed to each other, the later IDoc will not be able to confirm the SO cause the previous SO create/change is still locking the material for availability check.

In our setting, we set up the locking to be error message because we don't want 2 IDoc to check the material both might confirmed on the same qty. Eg SO 1 for Material A ask for 2 qty and SO 2 for Material A ask for 3 qty. If I have only 4 qty in the system, If both SOs check the material together, both will passed coz 4 is sufficent for 2 and 3 at the same time but not if they check consecutively where SO 1 will "confirmed" the 2 qty and system available is only 2 and thus SO 2 will failed to confirm the full 3 qty.

Other than setting the IDocs not to trigger immediately when they come in, is there standard SAP way to have SAP not throw error when SO1 is checking the availability when SO2 come in but they will not check together and create a false impression that the required qty are available?

I need this urgently and thus any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are experiencing is the parallel processing in availability check. Search for the OSS notes on the subject (e.g. 858633) and see which solution is most suitable in your situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much.. this is what I am looking for.

Answers (0)