cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.1 - Integration Process- Null Pointer Exception - Runtime Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI'ers,

I am currently developing Integration Process using PI 7.1. During the development I am getting Exception so called u201CJAVA.lang Null Pointer Exceptionu201D. Initially we thought this is due to the higher version of JAVA installation in my client. I was using JAVA 1.6.

Later we decided to install JAVA 1.5 and deleted all the cache corresponding to the JAVA 1.6. After new JAVA installation, we are getting the same error. Next we decided to delete my user and created new user but still getting the same error.

Highlight of the issue is: my colleague was able to develop the Integration process without any such u201CNull Pointeru201D exception. The only difference is she was using JAVA1.5 from the beginning.

As soon as I close the u201CNull Pointeru201D Exception window immediately pop-up another exception so called u201CRuntime Exceptionu201D. This u201CRuntime Exceptionu201D doesnu2019t allow viewing the process at all.

can anybody throw some suggestions to overcome this problem. I am stuck with my development.

Thanks & Regrads,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am also using PI 7.1, and i have also tried withj JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6. But I am getting this error When I am assigning any variable in condition editor that is already being defined as container element.

I think something is missing from SAP side. Better you raise it to SAP, i am also planning to do so.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

As you said, initially I was also getting similar error while assigning variable in the Condition Editor. But now I am getting this strange error by each and every step in the integration process.

I already raised this issue to SAP Support Team. Hope soon will get a solution.

-Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

there would be a problem with Java Stack do check the below link

Thanks

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

Thanks for your reply, but from the link suggested couldn't get any clue to solve my problem.

-Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satishj,

which SP are you running on?

We had similar issues with SP 6 and they were solved applying the latest SP (7).

Kind Regards,

Sergio