cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify portal user

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Webdynpro is deployed on one WebAS on one machine.

My portal is running on a different WebAS on different machine.

Now i have to identify the user who is currently logged on to the portal inside my webdynpro application.

Can you pls let me know how to achieve this.

When i run my application where the portal is running on same machine as my webdynpro and both are on same machine, my webdynpro applcation is able to identify the logged in user. Even in this case when i run the portal as <host>:50000\irj\portal, i am able to identify the current logged in user. But if i run the same portal as <FQDN>:50000\irj\portal, it doesn't recognize the user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Means Did you get remaining all the information except user?

Are you deploying in ur localserver or N/w?

If u have debug fecility try to debug it.

Then might be change some thing.

Thanks

nageswara

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any other information also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Is this u trying FDTN is somting like local server or any other newtwokserver(client).

Let me know ?

If it is client server means need to do some thing?

Can u brief me which server do u using ?

Thanks

Nageswara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try setting the authentication property of your application to true.

So once the user is authenticated by your Web Dynpro application it will capture the user who has logged in.

Regards,

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is network server.

Noufal: Will try and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the authentication of WD to true. But now it seems i need to maintain the user both on the portal server and on the WebAS of my webdynpro. If i dont do this and when a user xyz logs in and selects the iview, it throws the WD authentication page. Here if i can supply any other user id say ABC and my webdynpro recognizes the current logged in user as ABC while the current logged in portal user is XYZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.