cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1 updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

while updating RG1 in J1I5, before that i need to enter issue material in table J_2IRG1BAL in SE16

is this standard procedure or there is any automatic upadation RG1 balance.in above table??

thanks,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Only first time u need to do this entry in SE16

thanks,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay

The following is the sequence for RG1 updation:

1. Set the Loose pack Indicator in SE16 Table J_1IRG1BAL to P. You also have to specify the Excise Group, material Number, User Id and Time of Updation. This entry is to be done only once, the very first time.

2. Update RG1 in J1I5. For the initial entry, specify the Posting Date and the Classification. You need to be extremely careful on the Classification type you use. If the material is coming from MB1C (Initial Stock Upload, possibly because you have uploaded the existing Stocks based on Cutover data), use ROP. If the updation is because of Production, you need to use Classification type: RMA - Receipt from manufacture". There is a rare possibility you may not see any entry for the manufactured quantity. More on this in Point No: 6

3. Also update the outward movements of finished goods ( IDH for Domestic Sales and IWE for Exports under Bond/ IDE for Exports against payment of Duty).

4. Extract the RG1 Register using T Code: J2I5. You must get a Green checkmark.

5.Print the RG1 Register using J2I6.

6. Sometimes you may not be able to view the manufactured material when you use RMA indicator in J1I5.(MIGO would have been used with movement type 101). Verify, if in Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movement --> India --> Business Transactions --> Incoming Excise Invoices --> Specify which movement types involve Excise Invoices, you have maintained 'RG1 Register' against Movement Types 131 and 132.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

thnx for reply here i want to ask

is there is need of enter material in SE16

as you said only once n first time we have to do entry in SE16

it means that entry will be for all materials for updation in future?

thanks,

akshay

Edited by: Akshay Dalal on Feb 2, 2009 9:31 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay

See my original comments

1. Set the Loose pack Indicator in SE16 Table J_1IRG1BAL to P. 
You also have to specify the Excise Group, material Number, 
User Id and Time of Updation. "This entry is to be done 
     "only once the very first time."

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi