cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery from Inbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try to find a solution where the data from Inbound Deliveries can be copied into Outbound Deliveries. Alternatively, the Outbound Deliveries could refer to the Purchase Orders as already refered to by the Inbound Delivery. Both are not available in Copy Control.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my best knowledge there's no such funcionality in SAP that would cover your requirement. You cannot create outbound delivery with refeence to inbound delivery and vica versa.

(Cross-docking may help you to make your process more efficient as far as WM goods moveement (putaway/picking) are concerned but this has nothing to do with your requirement.)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the SPED output functionality in ECC. It can create inbound delivery automatically when an outbound delivery is created.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the precious information!

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/dc/060641f753f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/47/04e69b54132ecbe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

This function automatically creates an inbound delivery for each replenishment delivery that is received as a result of stock transport orders.

SAP ERP creates the inbound delivery using output determination in the outbound delivery. After the goods issue has been posted successfully, SAP ERP uses a special function to create the inbound delivery.

I've checked SAP online help and as I see this can help in case of STO - I mean outbound delivery of supplying plant automatically generates the inbound delivery of the receiving plant.

However, the question was here how to create outbound delivery from inbound delivery and STO process cannot cover this function.

I'm not sure this output can be applied for the requirement for which this thread had been opened.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right it wont work the other way around.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With handling unit management (HUM), you can let the outbound delivery inherit the packed HU from the inbound delivery. It takes a few WM transaction, but these can be automated e.g. by workflow.