cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding file append

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to append a file from 2 files.

I mean, i have 2 files at my source and i need that 2 files as one file in target.

so iam using 2 sender communication channels to pick 2 files from source and 2 communication channels for target. one receiver channel to create a file and another communication channel to append to the first file.

file A

file B from Source

and File C in the receiver

channel1 to pick file A source file name "A.txt"

channel2 to pick file B source file name "B.txt"

channel3 to create file C target file name "C.txt"

channel4 to append to fileC target file name "C.txt" with append mode.

After all the efforts i found file B is not appending to file C.

Note: all the 3 files have same structure.

I dont want to use BPM

Guys, Please suggest. Productive solution is highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You requirement can do many ways, according to your configuration better to execute batch command (copy or move statement) in second communication channel after command process. I think this logic will solve your problem. But before both target files should be same name always.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

What is the criteria (Processing Sequence) to pickup the files from Source Directory? (By Name or Date)

Select accordingly in the sender File CC with wild card entry (*.txt) for File Name convention.

Also In the Sender File CC, use EOIO as QOS which ensures the correct order of execution.

In the receiver CC, use Append as file construction mode.

So one File Sender CC & one File Receiver CC required is enough for your requiremet.

Thanks,

Gujjeit.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 2, 2009 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your file structures are same. So use one communication channel for sender and one communication

channel for receiver. Sender communication channel use (*)place holder.Ex. *.txt.It will pick both A and B. In the Receiver communication channel use append.

Regards,

Prakasu

Edited by: prakasu on Feb 2, 2009 10:53 AM

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Just a try - use the append mode in both the target Comm. Channels. It might be the case that channel4 is

reaching the destination before Channel3 and searching for the file to append which is not created by Channel3 till now.

Sachin