cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Records-File-To-Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In processing of File-To-Idocs, if we get any error in particular record by the follwoing situations how XI will handle,

1) Wrong value in record.

2) Due to strcuture change happend to the particular record

3) value range is different than expected

Is the total process stops or the correct record posts and error records will not post in the system.

Regards,

venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there is an error in the mapping (and basically that is what will happen if a sender sends wrong format), the complete processing will be stopped. This is because if some records would be sent they would be resent if you tried to restart an erroneous message. So for XI it is all or nothing...

However you could work around this if you first split the file into single records before you do actual structure mapping. Depending on the scenario, this could or could not make sense.

Regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a similar scenario and we used java mapping for validation of file for value range and structure formats etc.

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2005/06/24/generic-approach-for-validating-incoming-flat-file-in-sap-xi--part-1

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2005/06/29/generic-approach-for-validating-incoming-flat-file-in-sap-xi--part-ii

will be use ful for validating any file structure and also you have a rough idea what has to be validated.

I donot suggest value mapping in XI to be done if the values of the fields in the file to be checked are dynamic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

What my main concern is If I'm using Message Mapping tool for mapping (value mapping/structure mapping)

Some records are might processed correctly and relavent Idocs are created some are not went fine not created any idocs In this case what happence?(Assuming each record will be an Idoc)

What I have a plan is error messages anyhow will be shown in RWB, I'll search for relavent table and send those messages to relavent person.

There might be another ways, but I'm using XI just now, I don't know how to use the Java code which u suggested to read.means where exactly i should insert this code to work on file and generates XML message and will be inout to target.

Expecting an easy solution for me.

Regards,

venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

If you are going for a java mapping, then you will have to develop your mapping in your NWDS ( Netweaver Developer Studio ) or any other java IDE.

then , the JAR file will have to me imported under your Imported Archive of your Message Mapping and this will be used as your Mapping program for interface mapping .

For further info, I would suggest this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/content.htm

For error handling, you can also use ALERTS. If you need any further info, do let us know.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venu,

when the input from your file does not match with the format expected by your mapping to the destination, XI will error out with Mapping Execution.

Let me give u an example. Say you give the date input in some format that is not the one expected by XI to map to the target. This will lead to a mapping execution.

If you want to handle such situations, then I guess you will have to add the logic to it.

Regards,

Bhavesh