cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Inspection lot creation at only one storage location level - QA07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have shelf life expired material at different storage location. When ever i run QA07.System generates inspection lot for all storage location.But I want to process the inspection lot for only one storage location. Please guide me how can we map this reqmnt.

Thanks in advance for your relevent response.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can control scheduling for a particular storage location through batch only.

For that you have to input batches of the storage location alone.

You can specify the batch for the particular location significantly or easily identifiable.

VRMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recurrance inspection lot created based upon next inspection date. which is defined in batch. In Trx Msc2n we can define this date. If we change this date for batch & storage location level,but it update to all storage location. If i am wrong please correct me.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Edited by: Kundan Kumar on Feb 3, 2009 9:42 AM

Edited by: Kundan Kumar on Feb 3, 2009 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next inspection date is maintained at the batch level, not at the storage location level.

You can suggest the following solutions if it is feasible in your business scenario.

Scenario 1: Batch is inwarded in one storage location"A" & stored for some time, then it is transfered to other storage loactions B & C (like production storage locations).

In this case suggest to transfer the batch to storage loactions B & C just one or two days before the actual consumption of the batch & also keep the opening period in QA07 sufficient days (between 10-15 days), so that the sytem will create the inspection lot in one storage location "A" . Since the batch is still not transfered to B & C, the system will not create inspection lots in B&C.

Scenario 2: Batch is inwarded in all the storage locations with the same batch number.

In this case suggest to inward the same bacth with different batch numbers, keeping the all other characteristic values same

With Best Regards

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am closing this thread. As We can do this with the help of Z Programm. But It should not be recomonded....

Thnaks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope we cannot create single inspection lot for different storage locations & it is not recommended to create single inspection lot. Assume that the different storage locations are geographycally located far away from each other in the same plant, then how can the QC persons can handle the single inspection lot?(like collection of samples, printing of labels which storage location the system will decide?)

During QA07, the system is moving the stocks from unrestricted stock to QI stock in each storage location by creating different material documents & you cannot control the inspection lot creation in the inspectiopn type 09.

SAP has well designed the recurring inspection & it is not recommended to create single inspection lot.

With Best Regards

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Need more input on this, any other way to handle this kind of situation??

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar