cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help regarding the component usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I have one scenario something like this .

I have a main component say ZComp1 and in it i have created one view in which we two drop downs and i have 28 view containers depending upon the drop down values these view containers will be visible here all the view container i am using for displaying by means of component usage (i.e 28 compoenents i am calling into my main ). So now when i run my main application it is taking minimu of 2 mins to display the screen . To test whats the problem i have written some code in the handle default of main window and set the break point what i observed is quite surprising that when i run the apllication it takes hardly 2 mins of time to reach my handledefault method (which is the first one to trigger when i run the apllicatin) . Please suggest me what can be doen to overcome this issue. or suggest some alternative to improve performance.

Note : When there is less amount of data in the screen then it takes less time to execute or else it takes hell lot of time plz suggest :(.

Awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Sana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I agree with what was already stated - 28 views is far too many in one component. You should resturcture and use component usages. However this isn't likely the root cause of your long performance. Without knowing more about what your application is doing it is impossible to say what is taking so long. Consider doing a runtime trace and a SQL trace to see how the runtime is being spent. Likely you have some long data initialization that is taking up the majority of the time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Misbah,

28 VCO are too much in a view.

So, try to revamp teh design and reduce the VCO's in a view.

Another thing would be, Every WDDOINIT, and WDDOMODIFY view of the used components would be called when you try to load the component at first.

In your case that is happening, and please check and confirm it.

A proper modular design would be a better approach in handling the situation.

Good day!

Regards,

Shashikanth. D