Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Transactional Mode" in Universe in View Contents

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had created a universe connecting to Oracle 9i Database with ODBC and the universe connection is Genric ODBC.

I am able to get all the tables in the Universe create objects ect.But when i try to view the table content

I am getting an error "Transactional Mode" any one has any idea .what this could be about.

Is it coz i am using the Genric ODBC connection or some thing else ???

Version: BOXI 3.0

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

This error message appears because some databases do not have 'Transactional mode' as a parameter. By default the Generic ODBC connection has this parameter but it is set to 'No'.

To resolve this error message, comment out the Transactional mode parameter in the odbc.sbo file.

This resolution involves making a modification to the odbc.sbo file. Incorrect editing can cause unpredictable results.

Please make a backup copy of the odbc.sbo file and be sure you know how to restore it if a problem occurs. Please make note of the changes you make to the odbc.sbo file and inform technical support of these changes in any future contact.

1. Find the odbc.sbo file in the default location of <Business Objects install directory>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc.

2. Edit the odbc.sbo file and comment out the line:

"<Parameter Name="Transactional Available">No</Parameter>"

Use the xml comment characters: "<!-- -->"

The line should look like this:

"<!-- Parameter Name="Transactional Available">No</Parameter -->"

This known issue has been assigned ADAPT00606872, and affects the following:

BusinessObjects XI Release 2

This is issues has been fixed in BusinessObjects XI Release 2 SP2 Parts 1 & 2. but as you are using 3.0 i think it is reappeared.

I am not sure but try installing 3.1 and check whether it has been fixed or not.

I Hope this Helps..

Thanks...

Pratik

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

Thanks that worked with they way you explained.

Regards

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are two kind of ODBC connectivity in Universe Designer: Generic ODBC and Generic ODBC 3.0.

Did you try with both of them and you have the same error?

By the way, Oracle is supported only via the Oracle client or via the Oracle JDBC client (from XI3.1).

There is no guarantee that it will work with Generic ODBC.

Regards

PPaolo

Edited by: Pierpaolo Vezzosi on Feb 2, 2009 2:29 PM

Edited by: Pierpaolo Vezzosi on Feb 2, 2009 2:29 PM