cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported IR Design Objects not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our team is requiring me to reverse the changes in XI mapping i've made in our development XI. I tried to first export the mapping we had in our PRD system and then import it to our development XI environment, a message prompt that all objects where imported successfully but when I try to check the mapping if it was changed I saw that nothing happened, the mapping was still the same as before.

Can anyone help me on this problem.

Thanks,

Alfred

Edited by: Alfred Africa on Feb 2, 2009 11:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Strange normally it should happen and get refelected

Is the SWCV what u have in DEV and PROD is same ?? Check in the SLDs

If nothg is going out last option wud be below

Take Backup of u r IR of Dev

Then Delete all namespace and last SWCV (Tedious But )

then try to import now.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this:

Delete the object in the repository... and then import the original one...

Hope this will work...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to first export the mapping we had in our PRD system and then import it to our 
development XI environment

Why you need to export mapping from PROD and then import it into DEV....you can refer both the mappings simultaneously and then edit the DEV mapping as per that in PROD....is it not feasible??

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the change list tab we have the username you are saying that your mapping has transferred from prod to dev...once you try by changing the user name from change list tab.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to reverse the changes in Development, then why would you want that from production? try access the history of the object and activate that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema Boodi,

Where can I see this history that you say? We used the production mapping just to make sure that we revert all the changes so we used FTP to transfer ti back to our QA system.

Regards,

Alfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to the object you want to reverse the change; and go to the first menu of that object and select History; you will have all the changes that have taken place with date, time and who has changed,..you can select the version you would like..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use

Ctrl+Shift +Right Click on Message Mapping Editor to Export and Import .MTE Files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unanswered no one encoutered this yet

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close all the objects that you imported and check again. I dont think it should happen. all objects must be the copy of PRD of you had imported the right objects.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Already closed all objects but still PRD mapping that i imported still is not reflected. I even performed the refresh function. Also tried to refresh the SLD in XI Administration but still no luck.

Regards,

Alfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This might sound a bit weired but try this one...

after importing the mapping...do some dummy changes like give space in description save and activate it...try this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already tried to make dummy changes still the imported mapping did not appear.

Regards,

Alfred