cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI Validation in Shopping cart / PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 4.0 (Server 5.0). Extended Classic scenario.

We enabled the FI validation in back end system in SRM configurtion. While creating the shopping cart or PO (in ext classic) it is working fine.

But the problem is, it is validating only whether the cost elements and G/L accounts are available in SAP. It is not validating whether the GL account can be used for that cost element (cost center or WBS).

For example: G/L account x can be used only against cost center. If we are using that G/L account against WBS element it is not giving any error message before ordering the SC or PO (i.e. thru Check button) instead it gives an error after ordering the SC or PO which has to viewed in Application monitor.

User ordering the SC or PO may not know about the status if there is any error unless SRM admin monitors it which leads to delay in PO gets processed.

Is there a way by which we can achieve the above validation before ordering the SC or PO?

Plz note: Config "Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category" may not be helpful for us bcz I assume we can set only one GL account for one product category.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

did you resolve this issue? Is the only way to realize that validation really only by implementing badi bbp_determine_Acct?

If yes, would it be possible for you to send me the code of how you implemented badi bbp_determine_Acct=

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Henning

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

bbp_determine_Acct BADI

or bbp_doc_check BADI validate the SC before you order the card that you validate the account assignment .

Note 815849 - FAQ: Account assignment system response

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu.

Is there a way that we can bring those messages before ordering the Shopping cart by means of popup or any other ways?

Currently the messages (not only FI validation) are showing only after ordering the SC / Po and user may not be aware of that. If it occurs before ordering it then user can take action on that.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give the error messages in the badi bbp_doc_check_badi in the internal table et_messages

then it will give the error on the shopping cart screen.

Regards,

Sachin