Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM report with adding transactions to s_tcode manually in a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we create a role with add transactions using the Menu.

When users test their new role sometimes transaction need to be added due to SU53.

When this happens they want me to update the role with adding object s_tcode manually and then add the transaction to the role.

BY doing this the new transactions added under s_tcode do not show up under the menu.

They want the user not to see these transactions.

But when I go to SUIM and try to get a report of all changes made to the role, the transactions that were added manually in s_tcode do not show up.

If I get the report under SUIM for executable transactions by roles transaction under menu show up but not the transactions that I added under s_tcode manually.

I know that under SUIM I can get the report of all transactions that user can execute by the userid.

I get the transactions under menu and plus the transactions that were added manually under s_tcode.

How can I get the report under SUIM for all changes that were made to the role including the transactions that were added manually with s_tcode.

Right now when I run the report for all changes made to a role it does not show the transactions that were added manually under s_tcode.

Is there a change report that will show all transactions added under menu and the added manually under s_tcode

Thanks

Joseph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Can I suggest that you don't add S_TCODE manually into your roles?

It is extremely dangerous and this will be raised in your Audit report in red (high risk).

If your only reason for adding t-codes manually is so that they aren't visible, then rather follow this approach:

- in your menu tab of the role, click on the 'Insert Authorisation' button.

- select the T-code radio button and enter the transactions (unfortunately this can only be done one at a time).

- Click on the Save button.

The T-code will now appear in your menu with a little green icon - but your end users will not be able to see this transaction on their user menus.

Regards

Lucille

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE16N -> AGR_1251 -> on the object S_TCODE will give you all the t-codes in that role...whether manually added or on the menu !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Can I suggest that you don't add S_TCODE manually into your roles?

It is extremely dangerous and this will be raised in your Audit report in red (high risk).

If your only reason for adding t-codes manually is so that they aren't visible, then rather follow this approach:

- in your menu tab of the role, click on the 'Insert Authorisation' button.

- select the T-code radio button and enter the transactions (unfortunately this can only be done one at a time).

- Click on the Save button.

The T-code will now appear in your menu with a little green icon - but your end users will not be able to see this transaction on their user menus.

Regards

Lucille

0 Kudos

Lucille

We're running SAP 4.6c

When I go to PFCG

I have Description - Menu - Workflow - Authorization - User - Personalization

Available.

Under Menu

I have Transaction - Report - Other

If I add the transaction using above it does not have a little green icon.

How can I follow your suggestions with 4.6c

Thanks

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestion not available to me

0 Kudos

What you can do as a work-around is to identify the transaction in the menu for which the additional tcode should always be pulled into the S_TCODE object for, but not appear in the menu. Then maintain this as a "Check/Maintan" value in SU24.

If there is a set of them, and they don't necessarily relate to any specific transaction in the menu, then you can either create a symbolic transaction to be able to maintain the "Check/Maintain" indicators for, or create a report tree and maintain the data for it and add it to the menu. It will only appear as one transaction in the menu, but when started the others will appear as well.

But remember that PFCG will pull in the Check/Maintain propsals of those transactions as well.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The report S_BCE_68001425 will display the transactions that were added both manually using S_TCODE and added through the menu if you use your search option as below:

Under selection according to authorization values -> Object :S_TCODE -> Entry values : Transaction code: *

This will list all transactions in the role under S_TCODE authorization object both added manually and standard.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

If your reason for adding manually S_TCODE is just to make them not visible to the user while loggin the user menu. In that case as you mentioned that

your SAP is 4.6c version so it will not support to add under "Authorization Default" in the menu tab of the PFCG. The second option is

you can hide the user menu by adding the entry ALL_USER_MENUS_OFF = YES in the table SSM_CUST from the tcode SM30. If you want to hide

the menu for a particular user then you can enter the user details in the table USERS_SSM from the tcode SM30.After this you can add the tcodes from 'Menu' tab in the PFCG.

The best way to find the report is to fetch from object level in SUIM only.

So hope it will help you to avoid from adding manually S_TCODE.

Cheers....